cheapest airfare?

GoofyMike29

Original Poster
where can I find the cheapest are fare.
i have checked out cheaptickets.com and expedia, both are very well pricefd...are there anymore i should look into?

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I would suggest going right to the airline website. I usually fly continental and I find that if I compare prices between expedia, cheap tickets and the continental website, continental is about $20 cheaper per person with tax. I would also check to see if Jet blue flies out from your local airport.
Pam

WDWspider

With my one time experience, I found Expedia to be cheapest. My advice, try several companies and Airlines til you get the best rates.

Orbitz seems good also.

i_miss_20k

crap shoot

the online "agencies" (orbitz, expedia, etc.) are different and separate from the individual airlines websites. these, in turn, are different from the reservation system the airlines use for their ticketing staff (the people you call and talk to on the 800 numbers). thus, for a single flight on any airline, it's possible that you could find 3 (or more) fares. check them all and pick the cheapest. keep your ears/eyes open for "sales" or discounts.

Scooter

...And don't forget...

The EARLIER you book your flight, the CHEAPER the tickets.

I booked a flight to California 3 months in advance and it was $350 round trip.

The same flight a month later was over $600.:(

Ah, yes, an area where I (like to think) I'm an expert.

My advice - Orbitz usually finds the cheapest fares, but tacks on a significant fee. So here's what you do:

1) Search Orbitz. If you're flexible on what days you go, go into the full search page, and "search with bonus days."

2) Also, try a bunch of different departing and returning dates, if you're very flexible. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays usually have the cheapest fares.

3) Once you find a fare you like, note the flight numbers and departure times.

4) Go to the airline site, and search "by time" (NOT by price) for the exact flights you found on Orbitz.

5) You can then find the same fare Orbitz found, but without the Orbitz fee!

Note that when I've searched AA.com (American's site) by price, I usually do NOT find the cheapest prices, but this method will find them on the AA site.

Another idea for finding cheap tickets. Go to Travelocity.com, put in your departing and destination cities, and click "my dates are flexible." It will come up with a bunch of fares on different airlines. Click on one of the cheap ones, and it'll give you the days it's available. Try this for many airlines, you may get a really good fare.

Nut4Disney

Try this site, it is an airline fare search engine. Put in the dates and it will pull up all of the fares from numerous sites like expedia, travelocity, orbitz, as well as airline site. It compiles them all and list them.

QIXO.com

Kellylynn322

Originally posted by GoofyMike29
where can I find the cheapest are fare.
i have checked out cheaptickets.com and expedia, both are very well pricefd...are there anymore i should look into?

I don't know where you would fly from or what time of year you are flying but Delta is starting a new airline that will start flying in April. Its called Song and is suppose to be the counteract to Jet Blue. Same entities at each seat and budget prices. You might want to give that a look into.

Cheryl

HI All~~

Don't know if anyone can help me or not! I'm trying to figure out what's going on with airfare. We're coming from Chicago to Orlando on July 5th and leaving July 13th. We've been coming in July for the past six or seven years and this year the airfare has got me flabbergasted! I'm checking airfare and it's coming up like $180 on Spirit Airlines (round-trip) and then jumping with ATA, American Airlines, United at $232 per person. I checked what the prices have been the past three years (Granted we're coming pretty much the same week...last year was a few days longer but we travelled over the 4th of July weekend as well) and it was like $146 and $139 round-trip per person. Any idea of whether I should just take the $180 per person flight? There are two adults and a child travelling...I'm just afraid that if I don't purchase the tickets and the war breaks out, the airfare will increase of the gas/fuel concerns. Any ideas? Would rather have a good deal and be able to spend the extra money down at Disney!!! I'm sure you all understand!:D :confused: :hammer:

Thanks for listening!

Originally posted by Cheryl
Don't know if anyone can help me or not!...
You can also get $175 on Southwest from Midway, which I would fly over Spirit. (Wouldn't be surprised if Spirit, being a small carrier, has major issues during/after a war. Southwest, on the other hand, isn't going anywhere any time soon.)

Frankly, $175 is a pretty good price from Chicago for the current situation (fuel prices, etc.). If you wait a month or two, you may catch a sale. Of course, you may catch far more expensive prices, as well.

Kellylynn322

Originally posted by FourFourSeven
Frankly, $175 is a pretty good price from Chicago for the current situation (fuel prices, etc.). If you wait a month or two, you may catch a sale. Of course, you may catch far more expensive prices, as well.

If you happen to book now and the flights go down most airlines will give you a credit that you can use on another flight. This may not save you money now but if you go next year you can the credit next year and save a few dollars then.

Cheryl

Thanks for your help! :D
I was surfing the web last night and found the same flight on Spirit Airlines (we've used them before and actually prefer them over Southwest b/c Southwest doesn't assign seats so they're usually overbooked) for $146 per person plus taxes which came out to be almost $170 per person. Just went ahead and booked it. I'm just afraid that in a couple of weeks that the war might break out and then airfares will sky rocket b/c of the fuel costs, extra security, then it being a holiday weekend we're travelling, etc. Thanks again for all your help!!:D

tigger1968

Check out www.qixo.com. It is a comparison site that finds rates for something like 17 airlines. Also, keep in mind that orbitz is owned by a group of airlines, so there has been some debate about their prices. I agree that going to the individual airlines' websites is typically the best way to find cheap rates. Sign up for email updates to get notification of fare sales. If Southwest flies from near you they can be a great alternative. Check the other low fare carriers like AirTran, ATA, Jetblue, and the like as well. We typically would fly on Southwest out of Birmingham or Nashville. The two hour drive from Huntsville was worth the amount we would save vs. flying out of Huntsville. However, Delta is attempting to meet the discounters head on in a lot of markets, and they have just added daily non-stop from Huntsville to Orlando for around $140-$160. Look for things like that in the near future. Hope this helps!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom