Cheaper to book own flights or you disney?

LoveYa

Original Poster
Hello All!

this year will be my first time flying down to disney, so what i was wondering if it's cheaper to book on our own with places like jetblue or southwest, or just to add air transportation onto our package with disney?

Thanks bunches!

wildbill

Price it both ways and see. I got a package quote from Disney, then I priced just airfare through Travelocity and the individual airlines. Disney was only $3.00 more than if I booked myself.

JMHO

Bill

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
When I book air for my clients going to Disney, I check the Disney fares and I also go onto my search engine that will pullup everything from all airlines and discount air brokers. A lot of the time Disney does have the same thing.

One thing that you should know. When using some of the search engines like Orbitz, travelocity etc. they do add a fee to the price of the airfare. It is usually cheaper if you go to the carriers site and check what you found on Orbitz, etc. to see if it is cheaper on the carriers actual site.

Also, Disney does offer bulk air which is cheap. So it does pay to check them both.

Pam

jesserin

And Pam, correct me if I'm wrong - but Jet blue and southwest aren't included in the new Magical Express service right? I thought it was only American, Delta (including Song), Continental and United (including Ted)... just a thought - that could be another $30 per person or more to get to your resort - so take that into consideration when purchasing your airfare... :)

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
jesserin said:
And Pam, correct me if I'm wrong - but Jet blue and southwest aren't included in the new Magical Express service right? I thought it was only American, Delta (including Song), Continental and United (including Ted)... just a thought - that could be another $30 per person or more to get to your resort - so take that into consideration when purchasing your airfare... :)

Those airlines are correct. That is why I go both routes, by checking with Disney and going to my search engine to check. I have only had a couple of clients who have signed up for the Magical Express. Many of my clients are still going with QuickSilver.

TAC I'm only talking about airfare with those search engines. It is true that you can see more of the flight times when going directly to the airline site. If you do a search and find a good price, many times you will be able to get the same price or close to it if you want specific times.

The "cheap" seats always sell out first so you really must be diligent with the airlines. When they announce a special you really have to jump on it or you will lose it.

I know this from my own personal experience. This past Dec. I found Continental for $115 round trip and I didn't grab it right away and it disappeared. Luckily a week later I found something out of another airport for $109.

Pam

jesserin

I'm with you Pam - I send most of my "old timer" clients (those that visit every year - or two or three times a year) on Quicksilver... def the best option still... but for those that need to go on the smallest budget - the new system is great...

And Pam is 100% correct on the airfare- if you find something you can afford, jump on it now - b/c they usually only go up from their... We have a new airline (Independance) flying from Charleston, and were able to get a direct flight to Orlando in December for $25 each way - awsome deal! But they've since stopped the direct flights - so we're back to our $200 fares through Delta... but we enjoyed that trip alot! We took Quicksilver and I always recommend Quicksilver - great service - excellant prices... beautiful cars... :)

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I just want to clarify something. American, Delta, Song,Continental, United and Ted all offer Resort airline check in for you departure flight. If you do not fly one of those airlines, you will get the transportaion to your resort, but you will not be able to check in for your departure flight from your resort. If you are flying one of the listed airlines, you can check your bags and get your boarding pass at your resort before you leave for the airport.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom