Cheap Airfare

me_stitch

Premium Member
I was thinking about taking advantage of the summer discounts but when I checked on airfare it was about $3000 round-trip for my family of five. We would be flying from Portland, OR or Seattle. Anyone know of any good deals out there? Might have to stick with our original plan and just go to Disneyland this year.

me_stitch

Premium Member
Original Poster
I thought you pacific northwest folks always rolled with Disneyland!
LOL, I was born and raised in Washington but I lived in Tampa for three years during high school ('89-'92) and frequented DW a few times. I took my family to DW in '08 and we took my parents in '11. I went to DL for grad night ('93) and my wife and I wen't in '09 for our anniversary, it's just not the same. When I lived in Florida I didn't really appreciate DW for what it is, now after a couple of 10 day trips with my family I can't get enough. We have two boys we're adopting that have never been to either so it's gonna be kind of a trip to celebrate their adoption.

Upvote 0

me_stitch

Premium Member
Original Poster
I was looking at $3000 from Salt Lake City to Orlando too. I just found the Low Fare Calendar for Frontier Airlines. I looked for Portland to Orlando on this and you can get some dates this summer for around $1750 total. This may not exactly be "cheap airfare" but it's certainly better than $3000!
ok thanks, I'll check Frontier, $1750 I could probably live with. The $3000 was for Wednesday to Thursday flights on United.

Upvote 0

Californian Elitist

LOL, I was born and raised in Washington but I lived in Tampa for three years during high school ('89-'92) and frequented DW a few times. I took my family to DW in '08 and we took my parents in '11. I went to DL for grad night ('93) and my wife and I wen't in '09 for our anniversary, it's just not the same. When I lived in Florida I didn't really appreciate DW for what it is, now after a couple of 10 day trips with my family I can't get enough. We have two boys we're adopting that have never been to either so it's gonna be kind of a trip to celebrate their adoption.

A lot has changed since the last time you went to DL... If you go, you'll find some new surprises.

Upvote 0

englanddg

One Little Spark...
A lot has changed since the last time you went to DL... If you go, you'll find some new surprises.

I am by far NOT a DL fan. But, I will say @raven24 is right. It's worth a trip. I will be back.

It's still not WDW to me, but there are many things there that they do far better than at WDW, and for those who have been going to WDW for ages, it will bring back memories (like...remember when there were vehicles on Main Street USA, outside of the horse trolley? And remember the Penny Arcade? And the Movie Theatre?)...

It's worth a visit.

Upvote 0

Briangwen7

We are thinking 7 or 8 nights in the first couple weeks of August, before the discounts expire. And it doesn't matter what day of the week we fly on, my work is pretty flexible. Cheaper the better.

$351 - Portland to Orlando (A stop in Denver.) on Frontier. 08/05 - 08/13

$340 - Portland to Orlando (Stop in Denver.) on Frontier. 08/08 - 08/15

$331.60 - Portland to Orlando (Stop in Vegas! :p Haha) on Southwest. 08/01 - 08-08

Upvote 0

PolynesianPrincess

We usually book Southwest and then keep checking back to see if the prices drop. My sister is flying from MCO to Portland, ME the day after Memorial Day and it was $210 (just for the one way flight!) but I checked again a couple weeks ago and it had dropped to $110! So we rebooked and now she has $100 credit to use in the future. This is why Southwest is tops in my book (even though I can't stand not getting assigned seats)

I did read an article that booking flights around 49 days out will get you the lowest price. I personally am too nervous to wait that long and we usually book about 6 months out. Since today is about 50 days til we come home from the world, I checked on SW just to see if the prices were now and lower and sure enough, it dropped from $120 to $99. We rebooked immediately. It may only be $20, but these days $20 is $20!! Hope you find a good flight!! :)

Upvote 0

me_stitch

Premium Member
Original Poster
$351 - Portland to Orlando (A stop in Denver.) on Frontier. 08/05 - 08/13

$340 - Portland to Orlando (Stop in Denver.) on Frontier. 08/08 - 08/15

$331.60 - Portland to Orlando (Stop in Vegas! :p Haha) on Southwest. 08/01 - 08-08
thanks, I better get off my but and make a decision. I'm definitely leaning towards DW now.

Upvote 0

Cindee75

LOL my lips are sealed! Spirit is cheap to fly to MCO. We've used them three time in the past. One time we got 3 rt tickets for $300. You have to join their $9 club but its worth it.
Could you please tell me a bit about the $9 fare club. Would it be worth it for a family of 5 - we only fly from Detroit once every two years? What do they consider a personal item vs. carry on? Personally I am confused about their bag fees ect and have not been excited about trying them. However, you see to have some success - could you tell me more. Thanks

Upvote 0

lunchbox1175

I was thinking about taking advantage of the summer discounts but when I checked on airfare it was about $3000 round-trip for my family of five. We would be flying from Portland, OR or Seattle. Anyone know of any good deals out there? Might have to stick with our original plan and just go to Disneyland this year.

I think it has to do with Portland...I have to go to Bend for a wedding this summer and flights from Houston to Bend are outrageaous, and only slightly cheaper to Portland.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom