Cheap Airfare

me_stitch

Premium Member
I was thinking about taking advantage of the summer discounts but when I checked on airfare it was about $3000 round-trip for my family of five. We would be flying from Portland, OR or Seattle. Anyone know of any good deals out there? Might have to stick with our original plan and just go to Disneyland this year.

Tinkerbella16

Are you flying on a weekend day or a week day? Because that makes a big difference in price. Week days are a lot cheaper. My dates just became available through Spirit Airlines and I just so happened to check the other day and I was able to get them for $167 per person round trip! $503 for 3 of us round trip, non-stop flights! We are leaving and coming home both on a week day so that was almost half the price than a Sat or Sunday flight. I never buy airfare this early, but I really got lucky this time! Good luck and keep shopping around if you can! :)

Upvote 0

ImagineerDude

I can fly to California from Indianapolis much cheaper than to Orlando (which is why we have never flown to Florida) It doesn't make sense! We always fly Southwest. Keep checking around everyday and good luck!

Upvote 0

Club Cooloholic

I was thinking about taking advantage of the summer discounts but when I checked on airfare it was about $3000 round-trip for my family of five. We would be flying from Portland, OR or Seattle. Anyone know of any good deals out there? Might have to stick with our original plan and just go to Disneyland this year.
I thought you pacific northwest folks always rolled with Disneyland!

Upvote 0

Cindee75

Used to be I could fly nonstop from Detroit to Orlando for between $160 and 220. Now I'm lucky if I pay less than $300
I am looking at Southwest out of Flint for a non-stop flight. I'm finding that Air Tran is not offering non-stop, Delta is really expensive and Spirits bag fees are crazy. Not sure what is going on but last time we flew I got 5 tickets for $950 return - those days are gone.

Upvote 0

durangojim

I am looking at Southwest out of Flint for a non-stop flight. I'm finding that Air Tran is not offering non-stop, Delta is really expensive and Spirits bag fees are crazy. Not sure what is going on but last time we flew I got 5 tickets for $950 return - those days are gone.
Haven't looked at Flint, but I'll start. Thanks!

Upvote 0

MouseDreaming

Are you flying on a weekend day or a week day? Because that makes a big difference in price. Week days are a lot cheaper.
We were originally going Leaving on Saturday, and coming back on Friday. We changed dates because it was a lot cheaper going Tuesday-Tuesday. United was actually cheaper than SW, for a change.

Upvote 0

Cindee75

We were originally going Leaving on Saturday, and coming back on Friday. We changed dates because it was a lot cheaper going Tuesday-Tuesday. United was actually cheaper than SW, for a change.
Did you find a direct flight with United? I really need non-stop I have x3 kids and it is hard to do when DH and I are "out numbered" to make connections. I will look into Tuesday to Tuesday. We're not going until November so I have loads of time.

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
3 thousand! Yowowowoww...ouch.
I think it would be cheaper to invent and build a teleporter.

As others have mentioned flying a weekday to weekday I have found tues, wed, and thurs to be best.
Also with airfare I've found the sooner you book the better.

From CT to FL I always grab tickets when they start hovering around 250 and below a person round trip.
We can't afford much more than that and we've been lucky to always find them in that price range.
I would find that price range that works for your trip and play it that way.

Upvote 0

MouseDreaming

Did you find a direct flight with United? I really need non-stop I have x3 kids and it is hard to do when DH and I are "out numbered" to make connections. I will look into Tuesday to Tuesday. We're not going until November so I have loads of time.
They are nonstop flights out of O'Hare. I just noticed your dates. Are you by chance trying to fly right around Thanksgiving? Those flights are going to be pricey, no matter what. We had originally thought to go this year for the kids spring break. Our district always does the last full day in March. This year it worked out to be the week before Easter. We were so sick of winter, we didn't mind not getting a discount for the room, but the airfare was the killer. Couldn't find anything under $500 round trip for 4 of us. And that is why we are going in June instead.

Upvote 0

lunchbox1175

I have been told by someone that works for United ticketing that 67 days out from your trip is the best time to book, it has something to do with their financials. I haven't actually looked into it though.

Upvote 0

Cindee75

They are nonstop flights out of O'Hare. I just noticed your dates. Are you by chance trying to fly right around Thanksgiving? Those flights are going to be pricey, no matter what. We had originally thought to go this year for the kids spring break. Our district always does the last full day in March. This year it worked out to be the week before Easter. We were so sick of winter, we didn't mind not getting a discount for the room, but the airfare was the killer. Couldn't find anything under $500 round trip for 4 of us. And that is why we are going in June instead.
O'Hare is a little far - as we are Canadian and cross over just to save on airfare. We are looking for Novemeber but before your Thanksgiving as we know that is a busy time. Thanks for your advise. I'll keep looking - in no rush at this point. When I find anything that puts me around $1000 for all 5 of us otherwise I'll wait. Thanks Again.

Upvote 0

Britt

Oh my gosh...$3000?? We're a family of 5 and Im cringing at $1500 from Colorado to FL!

I hate being so far away....unless we take 6 days (3 days to get there and 3 days back) we can not drive. UGH.

Upvote 0

Missy_May

I was looking at $3000 from Salt Lake City to Orlando too. I just found the Low Fare Calendar for Frontier Airlines. I looked for Portland to Orlando on this and you can get some dates this summer for around $1750 total. This may not exactly be "cheap airfare" but it's certainly better than $3000!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom