chase/disney visa rewards for foods and snacks?

dvitali

Original Poster
I got over 120 dollars rewards on my chase / disney visa card that i am thinking of using to pay for my third meal of the day (quick service dining plan only pay for two meal and one snack) and for extra snacks and drinks. just want to verify that most food courts and carts will take this form of payment?

anchorman314

You have to load reward dollars onto a gift card. You can do this at guest services.
You can get a blank rewards card from Guest Services, but you still need to call the number on the card to activate and transfer the rewards balance. Not really a large obstacle, but not as 'instant' as I was hoping it would've been.

deanaandrich

You can order from chase online your gift card and put the amount on it. It doesn't take long to get it in the mail. Keep the gift card until it expires- don't throw it away. They will continue to use the same gift card if you transfer additional money unless you ask for a new gift card. I believe you are limited to 2 cards at a time.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
You can order from chase online your gift card and put the amount on it. It doesn't take long to get it in the mail. Keep the gift card until it expires- don't throw it away. They will continue to use the same gift card if you transfer additional money unless you ask for a new gift card. I believe you are limited to 2 cards at a time.

That's what I do. I've had CMs in shops ASK if I have a Rewards card when they see my Disney Visa card. Never had a problem with it at any shop or restaurant. It has a 16 digit number, just like a credit card. And yes, keep it until it expires and just transfer the reward points (you need a minimum of 10 to do so) to the current card. It takes maybe 2 weeks to get a card in the mail, if I remember.
You can get a blank rewards card from Guest Services, but you still need to call the number on the card to activate and transfer the rewards balance. Not really a large obstacle, but not as 'instant' as I was hoping it would've been.

That's interesting. I thought you could only get the Rewards Card through Chase - it's THEIR program, not Disney's.

jpittore1

Over the last four years I've never found a place in any of the parks or Downtown Disney that would not accept the rewards card.

sring

The only place I know of that does not accept the rewards card (or any credit card or meal plan or room charge) is the burger stand on the Boardwalk.

Disneydreamer23

I have gotten the card from DTD Guest services and also calling Chase and having them mail me one, I would have one mailed so that you can call and confirm and have every thing ready for your trip.

DManRightHere

That's what I do. I've had CMs in shops ASK if I have a Rewards card when they see my Disney Visa card. Never had a problem with it at any shop or restaurant. It has a 16 digit number, just like a credit card. And yes, keep it until it expires and just transfer the reward points (you need a minimum of 10 to do so) to the current card. It takes maybe 2 weeks to get a card in the mail, if I remember.

That's interesting. I thought you could only get the Rewards Card through Chase - it's THEIR program, not Disney's.

Guest services keeps the cards on hand and puts you on the phone with chase to add the rewards to the card guest services give you.

Disney is heavily involved. 10% off, 6 months no interest on vacations, quarterly newsletters. They are also stingy on their credit lines, and i have excellent credit.

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
Keep in mind that once you transfer points to your redeption card, you can not transfer them back to your account. Your redeption card will have an expiration date. If you find that you have points left after your trip and don't want to take the chance of losing them, you can use your redemption card to purchase a giftcard.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Guest services keeps the cards on hand and puts you on the phone with chase to add the rewards to the card guest services give you.

Disney is heavily involved. 10% off, 6 months no interest on vacations, quarterly newsletters. They are also stingy on their credit lines, and i have excellent credit.

DMan, thanks for that piece of info. I never knew that. I've got some points that I forgot to transfer in time (need a new card, now) and we leave next week, so I will march myself over to GS and get them on my reward card.

BigTxEars

I have have a Disney Visa for 4 months now, we have almost $130 on the rewards card they sent me last week, took about 10 days to get it in the mail. I have already transfered an additional $27 to it that posted to my account after I requested the card. All online and super easy.

Not sure how we will use our next month, they are offering 20% at the online Disney store starting May 18th so we might buy some nice shirts with it for the trip :)

As far as credit limit they raised mine from $4500 to $10,100 already in the 4 months I have had it. Not sure why as we did not ask or need it but they just jacked it way up last month. The only thing I can think of is that I have yet to pay a single dime in interest on it. I use it daily for gas, food, movies etc as well as for major purchases but I pay it off 3-4 times per week on line. I think they want me to have a higher credit limit so I carry a balance they can collect interest on, no way Mickey!

LAKid53

Premium Member
I have have a Disney Visa for 4 months now, we have almost $130 on the rewards card they sent me last week, took about 10 days to get it in the mail. I have already transfered an additional $27 to it that posted to my account after I requested the card. All online and super easy.

Not sure how we will use our next month, they are offering 20% at the online Disney store starting May 18th so we might buy some nice shirts with it for the trip :)

As far as credit limit they raised mine from $4500 to $10,100 already in the 4 months I have had it. Not sure why as we did not ask or need it but they just jacked it way up last month. The only thing I can think of is that I have yet to pay a single dime in interest on it. I use it daily for gas, food, movies etc as well as for major purchases but I pay it off 3-4 times per week on line. I think they want me to have a higher credit limit so I carry a balance they can collect interest on, no way Mickey!

Yeah, they raise mine every couple of months. I use it mainly for all Mickey expenses - hotel, gas, meals, shopping, etc., and then pay it off. And since we go to WDW every couple of months, that's a lot of activity on the card. Thanks, Chase!

BigTxEars

Yeah, they raise mine every couple of months. I use it mainly for all Mickey expenses - hotel, gas, meals, shopping, etc., and then pay it off. And since we go to WDW every couple of months, that's a lot of activity on the card. Thanks, Chase!

Good stuff, we charged a part of our package on it, we did not have it when we paid the first part. Going forward we will use it to pay all of our WDW trip expenses. It's linked to our MB as well :)

LAKid53

Premium Member
Good stuff, we charged a part of our package on it, we did not have it when we paid the first part. Going forward we will use it to pay all of our WDW trip expenses. It's linked to our MB as well :)

Yup and watch those points add up. And don't forget that you can get discounts on dining, merchandise (both at the parks and on-line) and some event tickets that is better than AP, if you are one.

BigTxEars

Yup and watch those points add up. And don't forget that you can get discounts on dining, merchandise (both at the parks and on-line) and some event tickets that is better than AP, if you are one.

True :)

Plus it makes paying for stuff day to day a little more fun for me, silly I know but true :)

LAKid53

Premium Member
True :)

Plus it makes paying for stuff day to day a little more fun for me, silly I know but true :)

Especially when you pull out your card with the custom Disney design....and the CMs say "oh, you have a Disney Visa card" with a smile - always made me wonder if there was some Big Brother thing with the card. But hell, they have the MB for that now. ;)

BigTxEars

Especially when you pull out your card with the custom Disney design....and the CMs say "oh, you have a Disney Visa card" with a smile - always made me wonder if there was some Big Brother thing with the card. But hell, they have the MB for that now. ;)

I know, we choose the red version with the faint Mickey ears on it but it's not Disney enough for us so last week I saw where you could switch cards for free, I ordered the silver Mickey Mouse for me and the Tinkerbell for my wife so it would even more visible when we use them :)

LAKid53

Premium Member
I know, we choose the red version with the faint Mickey ears on it but it's not Disney enough for us so last week I saw where you could switch cards for free, I ordered the silver Mickey Mouse for me and the Tinkerbell for my wife so it would even more visible when we use them :)

Nothing says Disney like a purple Tinkerbell credit card.... :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom