Charging priv

Buzzes Dad

Original Poster
Leaving for WDW on Sat, this year's trip is all set

Looking for info for next year's trip, here is the question If I book book 3 rooms can each room set up it's own charging privilages with their own CCs? It would be wife and I in one room, son and dil in room #2 and son's friend in room #3 (I like to buy Disney GC ahead of time and just pay as needed at front desk for charges incurred so it does not hit my cc). I do not want everyone's charges going to my room or card :)

JaxFLBear

Yes its doable but upon checking out be sure to check to ensure the charges were correctly added to each persons card. It wouldnt be the first time charges were not correctly placed.
Definitely shouldn't wait until check out day since that would require reversing charges and then charging the appropriate cards if there was an issue. It would be better to print out of charges from the front desk after each person has made a purchase. That way it can be fixed sooner rather than after the fact.

JIMINYCR

Definitely shouldn't wait until check out day since that would require reversing charges and then charging the appropriate cards if there was an issue. It would be better to print out of charges from the front desk after each person has made a purchase. That way it can be fixed sooner rather than after the fact.
Sure you could do it that way but its going to take up a lot of time and energy running to the lobby at the end of each day and requesting a print out of your daily charges. I'd rather one time check at the end of my trip. not going to take long to reverse charges if theres an issue.

Ayla

There is no need to go to the front desk to check. Room charges (and who's band made the charge) are in MDE.

nickys

Premium Member
If you want to check that the charging has been set up correctly, the easiest way is for each person to make a small purchase after you’ve visited the front desk and then check in MDE that each purchase was made against the correct card.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
You can do it upon arrival at the Front Desk.

Yes its doable but upon checking out be sure to check to ensure the charges were correctly added to each persons card. It wouldnt be the first time charges were not correctly placed.

There is no need to go to the front desk to check. Room charges (and who's band made the charge) are in MDE.
We're talking about three different rooms here, not three groups on a single room. There's no need to go to the front desk whatsoever.

When each room does online check-in, which they can do well in advance of their trip, they'll put a card on their folio for room charges. Do it then.

You can even split charges between Magicbands in each room. We once had a friend staying in our room and we went to the front desk and he put HIS credit card on HIS Magicband. So when he charged, those costs went to his card.
In theory you can do this, but I've had bad luck. We've attempted it three times and it's failed two of them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom