Charging EVERYTHING back to your Resort ID?

meatloafsfan

What can you NOT charge back to your room? I am staying on property and would like to take advantage of not having to carry around too much cash.

Also, I am bringing my mom and dad and I will be paying for the trip and I don't really want to have to worry about how much cash they would need (for times when we are not all together). As I understand it, as long as I authorize charging for them, they should not have any problems making purchases themselves.

Is it the same as using a credit card? ie you need to sign a slip, or do they just swipe the card? Is it easy to use or is it easier to pay cash or use another credit card?

Sorry for the questions but I am trying to decide how much cash to take and which credit cards to clear.

Thanks!

shari71

Last year we were told the limit was $1,400 and when we gave her the puzzled look she explained that it was a credit card issue that they could not go over certain limits so when we hit that amount it would be charged to the card and we would start over. We had heard that line before on previous trips but ignored it since we didn't have kids, but last year we were pretty sure we were going to hit the limit (which thank GOD we didn't :))

Truly this is a life saver for not having to carry so much cash around. We usually take about $40 between the two of us for little things along the way. A little more if we are going to the Food & Wine Festival. Although you can charge the F&W Festival food to your room it takes too much time for us so we usually carry the cash for that.

Upvote 0

GoofySuse

As others have mentioned I don't think that you can charge from the kiosks; but that might have changed. It's really a good idea, especially when you have teens who may want to wander off on their own. You can limit the am't that they're allowed to charge or eliminate them completely.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Rotel1026 said:
Some mentioned earlier that you're not allowed to use your room key to charge anything at the Swan and Dolphin resorts. Also, if you're staying at the Swan and Dolphin resorts, the room key charging benefit does not apply to you. So if you're staying here, you'll need to work something else out.

I think Disney resort guests can charge at the swan and dolphin, but the guests at those resorts cannot charge anywhere else on property.

Upvote 0

epcotfan

I definitely recommend some cash. In the event the power goes out or they are having trouble with their computer system cash will be essential. Also, carefully check your room charges when you check out. Due to computer glitches some people have been charged double for one meal. I actually prefer to use a credit card since the statement is a bit more comprehensive. I find the Disney room charge statements to be vague. Whereas when I use a CC I know exactly which location I've purchased an item from.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom