Charging EVERYTHING back to your Resort ID?

meatloafsfan

What can you NOT charge back to your room? I am staying on property and would like to take advantage of not having to carry around too much cash.

Also, I am bringing my mom and dad and I will be paying for the trip and I don't really want to have to worry about how much cash they would need (for times when we are not all together). As I understand it, as long as I authorize charging for them, they should not have any problems making purchases themselves.

Is it the same as using a credit card? ie you need to sign a slip, or do they just swipe the card? Is it easy to use or is it easier to pay cash or use another credit card?

Sorry for the questions but I am trying to decide how much cash to take and which credit cards to clear.

Thanks!

PhilharMagician

I always charge everything to my room account. When you check in they will ask you if you want to activate your room card for charging and how many cards you want activated. They will need a personal credit card to send all of the charges to and if you want to pay cash or by check you can do that when you check out. You can use you room charge key all around the park including the small street vending carts. I just typically carry $20.00 - $30.00 with me each day for those quick snack stops. One very important thing you need to do is keep all receipts and verify them on check out day. I have heard many people complain that things were unknowingly charged to there rooms. I personally have never had this problem, but it could happen.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

We charge to our room too; even let our 16 y/o have the privilege. They asked her for ID, but not us. You need to sign a receipt, its just like using a credit card. :wave:

Upvote 0

Kadee

Everytime we go, we charge just about everything back to our room. It is very easy and convenient. I think the only places you CAN'T charge back to your room are at the small kiosk type places that have drinks and quick snacks. I could be wrong, but my husband, daughter and I just carry a little amount of money each. This makes it easy for us.

EDIT: We've also never had a problem with "unauthorized charges." Everything has always been perfectly correct.

Upvote 0

Pippa

Me too, I love being able to charge everything! I keep the receipts but have never had a problem, well the only problem is how much I spend!!

Upvote 0

Vernonpush

You can not charge at any of the venues (restaraunts etc.) at the Swan or Dolphin to your Disney Resort Keys. The Swan and Dolphin are not Disney owned resorts. Other than that the key charges are accepted just about everywhere.

Upvote 0

Lauriebar

Yup, we charge everything too. That way we don't have to carry much cash...just enough for a drink or popcorn. It is also nice because at the end of your stay they give you a detailed print out of your purchases. It's very convienent.

Upvote 0

rick3236

We charge everything back to the room also. It's a great convenience. We carry a small amount of cash in case of emergencies, like needing a Mickey Ice Cream Bar really bad, but otherwisewe charge.

They have wireless devices now which lets them accepts the room charge at most kiosks.

I also recommend, if you are putting your room on a charge card, to take advantage of express check out. You will get the bill delivered to your room the morning you are leaving and can take your time checking your charges to make sure everything is fine without having a line of people behind you angry that you are taking so long.

Have fun.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

You can charge everything now I believe. Even the Ice Cream stands allow you to charge things now. I really can't think of any place that doesn't allow you to use your room key.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

v&adad said:
How does this work with annual passholders? Do they activate for credit card use during your stay or is it not an option?

Charging has nothing to do with park ticket type. If you are staying at a Disney resort then you can set up charging on your room key. They will ask you on check in. Your admission media has nothing to do with this.

Upvote 0

meatloafsfan

Original Poster
Thanks!

Thanks everyone for your responses. I am thinking now that I'll only bring maybe $50 each in cash (for those emergency mickey bars!...and emergency dole whips!....and emergency beaver tails!....lol you get the idea!) and the rest I'll charge back to the resort.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

meatloafsfan said:
Thanks everyone for your responses. I am thinking now that I'll only bring maybe $50 each in cash (for those emergency mickey bars!...and emergency dole whips!....and emergency beaver tails!....lol you get the idea!) and the rest I'll charge back to the resort.

Those emergencies can be covered on the card too. Cash has become an almost obsolete thing for teh resort guest now.

Upvote 0

s25843

meatloafsfan said:

Hi,
You may want to check out this thread for the daily charging limits etc for charging on the room cards..

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=41092

Upvote 0

MissM

It's always a good idea to carry some cash on you though. I've been there before when there were thunderstorms which took down the wireless systems at the carts, meaning you couldn't use any form of credit card at all. (And scrounging change when you're out of cash just to get a soda stinks! *laughs*)

But yeah, beyond outages like that, cash is pretty much un-needed these days!
-m

Upvote 0

mrtoad

The only issue with the doing this as we have found out is you can go crazy and not realize how much you are spending. We do use the room key as well, we just try to add it up at the end of the day so we know if we are way over budget or not. It can really stink to get a bill that is a few hundred more than expected and that is easy to do at WDW. :)

Upvote 0

TURKEY

You can always stop by the front desk/guest services each night after you get back to get a copy of your folio and your charges as well as pay off the balance if you choose.

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

s25843 said:
Hi,
You may want to check out this thread for the daily charging limits etc for charging on the room cards..

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=41092

Last year we were given a $1000.00 limit for the room charge and we spent about $1200.00. We never received any calls and were never denied any charges. I am curious of what the Disney proceedure for this situation. I guess it depends on the CM.

Upvote 0

rick3236

PhilharMagician said:
Last year we were given a $1000.00 limit for the room charge and we spent about $1200.00. We never received any calls and were never denied any charges. I am curious of what the Disney proceedure for this situation. I guess it depends on the CM.

When the resort tells you that your limit is $1,000.00, all that means is that when you reach $1,000.00 they will charge your credit card (the one you left at check in) and you begin to run a new $1,000.00. You do not receive additional notification, they told you they would do this at check-in, and it's on the paper you sign.

If you don't watch your room charges closely it is very easy to go over budget.

Upvote 0

Rotel1026

Some mentioned earlier that you're not allowed to use your room key to charge anything at the Swan and Dolphin resorts. Also, if you're staying at the Swan and Dolphin resorts, the room key charging benefit does not apply to you. So if you're staying here, you'll need to work something else out.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom