Characters regressing to old forms

nicholas

Original Poster
I have been wondering for awhile about this. And the least confusing way for me to ask is to just use an example.

In Beauty and the Beast, the beast gets transformed into the prince at the end of the movie, right? Yet, when you see him at the theme parks, he is a beast again. I'm sure there are a couple of other examples of this type of thing, such as Ariel no longer having legs.

I was just wondering what other peoples' thought were on this, or if anyone knew why it is done this way. Or maybe you've experienced someone actually ASK one of the characters why they are back to their original state and what that character replied with?

And not to nitpick, but shouldn't all of the villains who got killed in their movie not appear in the park at all? I mean....they're dead. :p :hammer:

Maria

Nicholas, you are having insomnia? You are thinking too much! :lol: :animwink:

The beast gets transformed for the show, but not for character greetings, as far as I know...
If Ariel walked, she wouldn´t be "the little mermaid".. :animwink:

Sora

Originally posted by Maria
Nicholas, you are having insomnia? You are thinking too much! :lol: :animwink:

The beast gets transformed for the show, but not for character greetings, as far as I know...
If Ariel walked, she wouldn´t be "the little mermaid".. :animwink:

She has a point. And anyway, if there were no characters in the park like the "beast" version of Beast and "Mermaid" Ariel, that would take all of the magic out of the entire experience...And I would have been very upset if I had gotten my picture taken with an Ariel that had legs...It just wouldn't have been the same.:D :D :D

WDWspider

I think I can at least address the death issue. Look at the House of Mouse... all Disney characters are merely actors working FOR Disney. If a star dies in a movie they do not die in real life, on that same principle... if a cartoon dies in a movie, then it was merely acting for the movie. :)

MKCustodial

Originally posted by WDWspider
I think I can at least address the death issue. Look at the House of Mouse... all Disney characters are merely actors working FOR Disney. If a star dies in a movie they do not die in real life, on that same principle... if a cartoon dies in a movie, then it was merely acting for the movie. :)

And also, still using House of Mouse as the example, you'll see Mermaid Ariel on one episode and Princess Ariel on another. The same with Beast, Simba (sometimes adult Simba, sometimes cub Simba), the Evil Queen and many others.

mightyduck

So then, are cub Simba and grown up Simba played by two different cartoon actors (not voice actors--I'm just trying to reason out this logic in my head)...

WDWspider

Originally posted by mightyduck
So then, are cub Simba and grown up Simba played by two different cartoon actors (not voice actors--I'm just trying to reason out this logic in my head)...

That's what I'm thinking and also why I did not address the multiple character issue. :lol:

The old Hag and the Wicked Queen are also two and the same. The biggest problem is... you never see the Beast and his prince form together in the same room, or any of the others mentioned for that matter, so I really don't know on that issue. I would safely say that Young Simba and Older Simba could be two different people when thinking in terms of movie roles and perhaps the Old Hag and the Wicked Queen are one and the same also (like an actor in make-up or not). :lol: - crazy question to ponder. :D

mightyduck

Originally posted by WDWspider
That's what I'm thinking and also why I did not address the multiple character issue. :lol:

The old Hag and the Wicked Queen are also two and the same. The biggest problem is... you never see the Beast and his prince form together in the same room, or any of the others mentioned for that matter, so I really don't know on that issue. I would safely say that Young Simba and Older Simba could be two different people when thinking in terms of movie roles and perhaps the Old Hag and the Wicked Queen are one and the same also (like an actor in make-up or not). :lol: - crazy question to ponder. :D

Clearly, I have too much time on my hands... ;)

But, yes, I see what you are saying. Cool! :)

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Disney plucks the most easily recognizable guises of its characters out of its films, rather than the final ones..

nikechic

Originally posted by nicholas

And not to nitpick, but shouldn't all of the villains who got killed in their movie not appear in the park at all? I mean....they're dead. :p :hammer:

Well as stated in Who Framed Roger Rabbit, you can't kill a toon unless they get Dipped. And I didn't see a single character in any Disney movie get Dipped except for Judge Doom. So all with that said all the other villians survived whatever torture our Disney Heroes put them through and now haunt us at the theme parks to remind us they aren't dead. :D

mr snrub

the beast wanted to get away from it all, so he went to disneyworld to greet little children. (mind you this was before belle came).

not only that, but who would recognize the prince (took me 4 times to type prince right :hammer: )

WDW1971

Originally posted by nicholas
I have been wondering for awhile about this. And the least confusing way for me to ask is to just use an example.

In Beauty and the Beast, the beast gets transformed into the prince at the end of the movie, right? Yet, when you see him at the theme parks, he is a beast again. I'm sure there are a couple of other examples of this type of thing, such as Ariel no longer having legs.

I was just wondering what other peoples' thought were on this, or if anyone knew why it is done this way. Or maybe you've experienced someone actually ASK one of the characters why they are back to their original state and what that character replied with?

Ok...is this an episode of Seinfeld??? :lol:

RobVanDam

Also, how do you remember characters... You dont remember Beast being a prince... You dont remember Ariel being a princess but as a mermaid.. Thats why theyre like that..in my opinion anyway

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom