Characters in the Parks

Character Nametags?

• Slap a nametag on Foulfellow and the other characters...

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Is that Prince John or King Leoniadas? He Hasn't a nametag...

Votes: 10 66.7%

• Total voters

mkepcotmgmak

Original Poster
Nametags on Characters

Ok, so we all know Mickey, Minnie and the rest of the fab five. If you are between the ages of 3 and 43 there is a good chance that you know who Ariel, Flik, Rafiki and perhaps five of the seven dwarfs, without getting Happy and Doc confused.

I will even go as far as to be stereotypical and say if you are over 40, there is a good chance you will call Pluto by the name of Goofy and call Donald Duck as daffy duck, and you MIGHT even call Roger Rabbit bugs bunny, (you might have to be older than 60)

BUT - unless you are a true Disney fan you probably have NO clue who Gideon, Foulfellow, Suzy, Prince John, King Leonidas, Kuzco, Launchpad, Scrooge (not donald) McDuck, and some other "not leading material characters" are.

Here is my idea - I think characters should be required to wear nametags like all CMs, and instead of having their hometown on the bottom, they would sport the name of the picture they are from. This would also give them more of a "I Live/Work here" type role. I think this would be great to implement into the parks - what do you think?

Pioneer Hall

I don't like that idea. You are trying to tell kids that these characters are real by putting a name tag on them it sort of takes away that realism in my mind. Because how many people do you see walking around town in a nametag. The parks are supposed to be their house, and they shouldn't wear a nametag in their house.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I don't mean to come off as an ______, but I don't think there's any way around it. I think that's one of the dumbest ideas ever. Sorry man, I really do. Your heart is in the right place, but the nametag idea isn't all there. Perhaps this would be a good enticement for Disney to start re-releasing some movies on SOME medium (i said re-release... NOT MAKE A SEQUEL... just in case Disney is reading.. lol)

mkepcotmgmak

Original Poster
Originally posted by mktiggerman
I don't mean to come off as an ______, but I don't think there's any way around it. I think that's one of the dumbest ideas ever. Sorry man, I really do. Your heart is in the right place, but the nametag idea isn't all there. Perhaps this would be a good enticement for Disney to start re-releasing some movies on SOME medium (i said re-release... NOT MAKE A SEQUEL... just in case Disney is reading.. lol)

not taking it rude at alll, i welcome the criticism. i never looked at it ya'lls way. you do have a good point. i just guess i want all the guests to know who the characters are like we do, know what i mean? guess it wasn't a well thought out idea, just a quick one... lol.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Originally posted by mkepcotmgmak
not taking it rude at alll, i welcome the criticism. i never looked at it ya'lls way. you do have a good point. i just guess i want all the guests to know who the characters are like we do, know what i mean? guess it wasn't a well thought out idea, just a quick one... lol.

ok.. whew.. just making sure

MicBat

Yeah.. I'm with mktiggerman on this one! It would take away from their appearance. If you look at pluto, though, he has a name tag. His collar has his name on it! :D

meeko_33785

I think nametags would really take away from the magic. Can you imagine seeing Cinderella with a nametag pinned to her ballgown or Mushu with one sticking in his scales. That would certainly not work. I know you mean well, but the whole Idea is somewhat rediculous.

Irrawaddy Erik

It's not like people look at the nametags.....I could be standing in Fantasyland with my full costume on and my nametag just talking to people and I will have at least one person come up to me and look at my name tag then look me in the face and ask "Do you work here?" :rolleyes: :D Never fails oh well but giving the Characters nametags nnaaa doesn't need to be done.

Brett

I'm not feeling the nametag idea. If a person doesn't know who the character is, usually they don't want a picture. Plus they have those autograph books, if you didn't know the name, you could just get him to put down the John Hancock.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom