Characters In Flight Opening Date?

bandtrumpet

Original Poster
Hey all,
We are taking a trip down to Orlando soon but unfortunately not doing any parks. Does anyone know the opening date of Characters In Flight the hot air balloon at DTD?

Thanks!

bandtrumpet

Original Poster
haha i know!! it was not my choice, our high school band is going and doing Universal but we are seeing La Nouba and getting a little bit of DTD time so i was just wondering. :D

britlightyear

When we stayed at the Contemporary in Jan. we were in the tower with MK view and one morning I went to look at the castle and in this little field area across the street were about 10 cars and a hot air balloon in the shape of Spaceship Earth (with the wand). It was really neat, they blew it up a couple times but it never got more than 50 feet off the ground. By the time I went to got my son out of bed the balloon was packed up and they were all driving away.
Is this what they will use for Characters in Flight?

ali_cat_3

May 29th Perhaps???

A new ride/ attractions about a balloon??? I'm just guessing but they may tie the opening to the release of Disney Pixars UP.

Ausdaddy

When we stayed at the Contemporary in Jan. we were in the tower with MK view and one morning I went to look at the castle and in this little field area across the street were about 10 cars and a hot air balloon in the shape of Spaceship Earth (with the wand). It was really neat, they blew it up a couple times but it never got more than 50 feet off the ground. By the time I went to got my son out of bed the balloon was packed up and they were all driving away.

No, but I've seen pictures of that one.

sillyspook13

That probably had something to do with the tethered balloon ride that was given away last year for the Year of a Million Dreams.:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom