Characters in Flight closing for redesign

trampdog

I don't see the purpose or need for this. Not an "attraction" and every zoo in the Country pretty much has one.

BRING BACK PLEASURE ISLAND!

mm121

do they have to replace the balloon to do this?

i'm guessing is like just wrapped like can be done to vehicles and lots of things but seem complicated to do a balloon and doesnt seem like they scheduled much time for this

especially if they have to deflate it which i'm sure they have to

hope they have a system to capture and recycle the helium since its a limited resource that once its gone on earth its gone forever

the ticket booth definitely could use a refresh as well

danlb_2000

Premium Member
do they have to replace the balloon to do this?

i'm guessing is like just wrapped like can be done to vehicles and lots of things but seem complicated to do a balloon and doesnt seem like they scheduled much time for this

especially if they have to deflate it which i'm sure they have to

hope they have a system to capture and recycle the helium since its a limited resource that once its gone on earth its gone forever

the ticket booth definitely could use a refresh as well

I don't think it's a wrap, I think it's the actual balloon fabric printed with the image. This would explain the short down time, just what is need to deflate and remove the old one, inflate the new one and do some test flights.

The tower on top was removed a while back. The booth itself could use a new paint job.

upload_2016-12-31_9-40-23.png

mm121

I don't think it's a wrap, I think it's the actual balloon fabric printed with the image. This would explain the short down time, just what is need to deflate and remove the old one, inflate the new one and do some test flights.

The tower on top was removed a while back. The booth itself could use a new paint job.

View attachment 181941
not sure what its made out of but replacing does make sense

with a new balloon and a new net, they'd probably be able to connect the new balloon and the old together somehow to transfer the helium rather than replacing it, at least most of it anyways.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
seeing as it seems to be every 4 years i wonder if it is related to a saftey issue if the baloon is older than this ?

mm121

Characters in Flight is an Aerophile AERO30NG. The design is printed onto the balloon itself, but they are capable of a number of methods of applying designs. There are two PDFs on the product page outlining the durability of the balloon.
http://aerophile.com/en/product/aero30ng/
according to this the lifespan is more like 8 to 10 years

so disney really is taking no chance replacing it at the half life

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom