Character Photo Stops

characterfan

Original Poster
I'm going to be doing my first RunDisney events this year. Disneyland Double Dumbo and Disney World Food & Wine Half
With all the character and other stops do they just have someone who will take your photo or are there photopass people there? I'm going to be running solo most likely and I'd love to stop and I'm wondering the best way to do it. I could stick my phone in my waist pouch rather then my armband for easier access, but I do plan to buy the photopass cd for both trips so if they have photographers and I just wave my magic band at them I'd image that'd be so much quicker. I know I'll pay and arm and a leg to the marathon photo people for that finish line photo, but I don't recall reading about how the character stops are handled.

Thanks so much.

fmingo36

I am running the same races as you this year. I RUN FOR THE CHARACTERS!!! I stop at every character that I find along the course.
There are no Photopass photographers on the race course. There will be Official race photographers along the route but no guarantee which characters they may be at. They will be there for the finish line.

I run with a small camera. There is usually a line of runners waiting to get a photo with the character. usually you hand the camera to the person behind you to take a picture or the CMs that are there with the characters will help out. It's a very quick process. People want to get their picture and GO!

Last edited:

characterfan

Original Poster
Thank you so much @fmingo36 I'm a huge character person. I don't know if I'll stop for all the characters (minus Goofy..he's my fave) but I wanted to be prepared. I'm already daydreaming how to document it in my Disney and Running scrapbooks.

LindsayLoves

Its not photopass it will likely be someone from Marathon Photo (or a like company).

Edit: As @fmingo36 said have your camera ready to go before you get up there. I ran the marathon last year with a small point and shoot, it was better than the iPhone because 1. it had a wrist strap and 2. I wasn't so worried about it getting dropped, wet, or fogged up from that lovely Florida humidity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom