Character meet and greets...

PA-Maze

Original Poster
Good morning, a quick question for you...we are from PA and love going to WDW. The question is, why do they hardly ever bring out the rare characters, like the dwarves etc. We were at MVMCP and they were there along with other characters that aren't usually out. Disney has the costumes already, why not bring them out more so people that don't have a season ticket and don't go to Disney quite as often can see and get pictures with these characters...? I mean I know they want to make it a special thing when they bring them out but they make it "so special" that most folks don't get to see them when they are at the parks. Just curious about this. Thanks again :)

Jillie Fish

I don't have an answer for you, but I think I saw a topic to this not terribly long ago. Did you try using the search feature yet? :)

I just wanted to stop by and Hello! And Welcome to WDWMagic!

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
$$$$ is my guess. They have been cutting non fab 5 meet and greets pretty consistently over the past few years. They just don't want to pay to staff them.

The offerings of the hard ticket parties haven't changed in years so the rare character opportunities are a way to keep selling those tickets.

That's just my take on the situation anyway. Take it for what it's worth- not much ;)

AndyS2992

Good morning, a quick question for you...we are from PA and love going to WDW. The question is, why do they hardly ever bring out the rare characters, like the dwarves etc. We were at MVMCP and they were there along with other characters that aren't usually out. Disney has the costumes already, why not bring them out more so people that don't have a season ticket and don't go to Disney quite as often can see and get pictures with these characters...? I mean I know they want to make it a special thing when they bring them out but they make it "so special" that most folks don't get to see them when they are at the parks. Just curious about this. Thanks again :)

Because it costs money to employ the people to play the characters and when Disney has a budget for the amount of people playing characters, time and money so employing and training seven new people to play the dwarves is not viable. To have the dwarves would mean sacraficing other characters from the park. If that makes sense..

Besides, rare characters will be popping up all year due to Disney's Limited Time Magic promotion.

BigRedDad

Because they can make you pay another $60 a person if you want pictures with those characters. We were at WDW the last time the 7 Dwarfs were out for pictures when there was not a party. There was no line, got to meet all 7 at one time, and played with them for a good 30 minutes. Dopey tried taking my wife.

MaryJaneP

They would have to pay CM's to wear the costumes and it also detracts from the "specialness" of rarely having these characters out. Maybe this is another meaning of "Limited Time Magic".

RoyWalley

Disney has so many characters it's impossible to please everyone with this request. I am sure they bring out the most popular and the newest characters most of the time. I agree with the post above that having the rare characters out would take away the specialness if they were brought out daily.

We ran into the seven dwarfs one morning going into Magic Kingdom and that's the only time we have ever seen them together for pictures. It's probably our most favorite picture because we have never seen them out together since then and we go yearly.

bsiev1977

I think the reality is that the vast majority of guests that visit the parks are perfectly happy with the characters that are readily available for the meet and greets. It's the hardcore Disney maniacs that want to see the dwarves, or Uncle Scrooge, or any of the others rare appearing characters. As much as we like to think we are the majority, the majority really are those that are cool with seeing Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy and Pluto.

drew81

I would say that most people coming to WDW are not hard core fans and really will see whatever character is out. WDW caters to the tourist in this area. That's why many of the rare characters have been retired.

I think there should be a balance. If you look at events like Pixar Weekend and how well that went over you would think WDW management would want to bring more rare characters out. When you have a huge line of people waiting for 45 minutes just to see Boo that should tell them something.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom