Character Meal Attendance Fee/Not Wishing To Eat

ktkerber

Planning a trip in Dec 04. We would like to take 5 yr old to a few character breakfasts. However my husband and I are not breakfast eaters. Is it possible to attend the meals and pay a reduced fee if you don't wish to eat? Also just trying to save a few $$. Let's face it, Disney is far from cheap!! Would like to spend that money on other things for the kids instead of a breakfast my husband and I won't be eating. Just curious...

Thank You

aimster

I agree. If you don't eat breakfast (I don't either), go to a character lunch or dinner. That's what I'm going to do next time I visit Magic Kingdom... make priority seating for lunch at the Crystal Palace so I'm guaranteed to see Tigger.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
For Free

If you have some concerns about money, and with your son only 5, visits with the characters in the parks may be good enough. All of the character meals are a little pricy, so you may make the most out of you visit coordinating that.

There are a number of threads here that give locations and times for various characters, and you can also check in at guest services for estimates on who you can find where.

Upvote 0

tigger248

ClemsonTigger said:
There are a number of threads here that give locations and times for various characters, and you can also check in at guest services for estimates on who you can find where.

Any cast member should be able to find out for you. When I worked merchandise, I had an in park number I could call to find out for a guest what characters were appearing and where. They could tell what day, time, park, etc... So if there are any characters you're particularly interested in seeing and don't want to spend the money on the character dining, you can ask any cast member and they should be able to find out for you. That may help if you're in the back of the park and your child starts asking to seeing a certain character and you don't want to walk all the way back to the front of the park.

Upvote 0

KaliSplash

Hi, and welcome.

But to answer your question directly, I don't think you can attend the meal without paying. As has been pointed out by many others, there are other options, including lunch or dinner if it's just a breakfast issue, or there are characters all over the park all of the time if it's more a money issue.

Upvote 0

Rotel1026

Is this the first time you've taken your child to WDW? If so, you might want to check to see what his reaction to the characters will be. You wouldn't want to spend that much money on a character meal only to find out he's afraid of costumed characters.

Valentin

Upvote 0

Testtrack321

It also helps if you find out what character you child likes. Why should you go to a Marry Poppins lunch if he really just want's Pooh, Eyore, and Tigger? Find out what characters appear and make arrangements when you find out what characters he likes. Most lunches and dinners don't sell out (except the Castle and Chef Mickey's) so you should be fine.

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

Unless it's changed a lot since I've been there, Toontown has great character meeting opportunities.

But definitely check with a CM in the parks. They should know where to find your favorites.

Forget the character breakfast--put a cereal bar in the hip pack for your son and hit the rides.

Upvote 0

tammycooley

My son and I were at Cape May Character Breakfast last year...he did not eat anything on his plate...our wonderful waitress didnt charge the regular price for him but charged us just the "character fee" which was only $5. I dont know if all character meals are like this or it is just at the Beach Club. My son was also 5...And it seems to me I have read maybe on another board that they charge $5 for just the character interaction...you can call Disney and see what they say---I say give it a try!!! We try to hit at least 3-4 character meals everytrip..but of course we for the most part are eating too.
Good Luck & have a great trip!!!!! :wave:

Upvote 0

maelstrom

It would be awesome if they did this. I don't like any of the character meals (I'd rather eat at Pizzafari), but my parents love Chef Mickey's and it would be nice if I could go with them and not have them waste $25 for food I'm not going to eat. They probably wouldn't offer charging just the "character fee" for an overly picky 18-year-old though. :(

Upvote 0

wolf29

No offense intended, but I honestly cannot see how a business would give seats that normally bring in $20-$30 to people just wanting to see the characters for a lesser charge. There are ample opportunities in the Park to see the characters without going to a restaurant. Maybe for young children, but not adults.

Upvote 0

brisem

aimster said:
I agree. If you don't eat breakfast (I don't either), go to a character lunch or dinner. That's what I'm going to do next time I visit Magic Kingdom... make priority seating for lunch at the Crystal Palace so I'm guaranteed to see Tigger.
\

You also see Tigger in AK with the rest of the Pooh Characters. They have there own Meet and Greet arae.

Upvote 0

brisem

A lot of the characters are on the double deck bus in EPCOT and I think it's around 2-3p when that arrives. In MGM there's a big area also. If you check with the CM's in the parks, they can tell you where and when to Meet characters and for free.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom