character makeovers

yensid63

Original Poster
on our last trip to WDW, (oct. 'o4)we noticed that several characters looked, well different. Donald Duck, Pinnocchio, Captain Hook, Robin Hood, Pooh. does anyone know how often characters change their apperance, and why some don't ( like Goofy, Pluto). anyone know who's next? finaly, not to get of topic, but has anyone seen Darkwing Duck lately?

412 days to we're in WDW again,( not like i'm counting):D

Tom

Beta Return
I think it would have to be a major ordeal to change the look of a character. Perhaps they were just tweaking the costumes to make them more effecient, comfortable, or colorful.

Piebald

Originally posted by yensid63
on our last trip to WDW, (oct. 'o4)we noticed that several characters looked, well different. Donald Duck, Pinnocchio, Captain Hook, Robin Hood, Pooh. does anyone know how often characters change their apperance, and why some don't ( like Goofy, Pluto). anyone know who's next? finaly, not to get of topic, but has anyone seen Darkwing Duck lately?

Last time I saw Darkwing Duck was like 8-9 years ago on Main Street. As for the makeovers, I think they try to keep them up to date with current appearances. I mean, Donald is on that House of Mouse show and I guess they wanted him to look more like he does on that show. I think Pluto and Goofy are fine and besides Goofy losing his eyelashes I don't think they will nor do they need to get a facelift. Who knows who is next since I'm sure management decides on who goes out and who stays and whether or not they need a facelift. With the current lineup you see in the parks, I can't think of anyone who is in desperate need of a makeover...except maybe....STROMBOLI!!! ahhhh

yensid63

Original Poster
yeah, it's been about that long since i've seen DW also.
i like Donald's new look, but my wife thinks the new Pooh looks angry.:lol:

Sir Hiss527

Yes, Donald has recently got a face lift, as some of the other characters that you have mentioned. I'm sure the DWE decides when the characters need to change. Darkwing Duck has not been out for the last couple of years, due to the show does not air anymore..

Rob, comments on the characters facelifts?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by Sir Hiss527
Rob, comments on the characters facelifts?

yes. Do a search on this topic... it's been discussed several times already... and my views are on there.

:)

Atta83

Some characters actually look better with the face lifts or some look horrible. Donald and Daisy were done last year. I wish Puto would have his green colar and not the orange one he has in the parks.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom