Character greeting before Fantasmic?

jiddng

Original Poster
A cousin of mine spent Easter week at WDW. While at the Studios,
she said they had opened up the theater where Fantasmic is performed,
for Character greetings. She said they were "not-so-common" characters
(her words). This happened about an hour before Fantasmic was to start,
and people who were there for the greeting then had to leave, in order
for the crowd to be admitted into the theater.

Was this just something for the Easter crowds or will it continue?
Does anybody know?

bethymouse

I thought they did some sort of "CharacterPalooza" in the Art Of Animation building as they made their way to the Fantasmic area. Do they still do this? Some people have said that they can get pics with villians such as Jafar ...:confused:

Tinkrbell

I thought they did some sort of "CharacterPalooza" in the Art Of Animation building as they made their way to the Fantasmic area. Do they still do this? Some people have said that they can get pics with villians such as Jafar ...:confused:
It's the same event, it just takes place near Tower of Terror/ Fantasmic courtyard now instead. They did it back on Streets of Americafor awhile before moving to its current location

mergatroid

And please, please don't count on this, no matter what outside sources say. It was cancelled Friday and the outrage was ridiculous.

Do people really get upset about this? We do a character breakfast mainly to get in the MK at 8am for pictures. I just can't imagine getting upset if say 'Tigger' didn't appear whilst we were eating, but maybe that's just me?

mergatroid

Unfortunately not everyone sees it that way. If I book a breakfast with Chef Mickey and Mickey is sick to his stomach - right to be upset. But for something you got off the internet? Yeah, no.

Someone was screaming at a CM on Friday because they wanted to meet the Evil Queen and saw she was out earlier. Just ridiculous.

Do they not realise that she's not re....................., oh never mind :banghead:

Matt_Black

Studios mgmt is taking a hard look at the entire concept due to guest antics. On the heels of the villains debacle, they have just about had it.

Why we can't have nice things

And people complain about the structured meet & greets in set locations. Well, to paraphrase, we get the meet & greets we deserve.

Thumper 32

Studios mgmt is taking a hard look at the entire concept due to guest antics. On the heels of the villains debacle, they have just about had it.

Why we can't have nice things

Did you see Kenny's "brilliant" post today? My favorite line:

Are you excited to hear this news? Be sure to share it with others so they can meet some fun characters as well!

It's like he doesn't even get it. The more blogs like his keep hyping things that are supposed to be surprise moments, the more likely they're going to just be removed entirely. Reminds me of how Whispering Canyon got its experience hacked up as well.

The crowding at Tower of Terror gate has just gotten insane lately. I honestly wouldn't blame them if they did decide to just give up on the whole concept.

Thumper 32

The crowding at Tower of Terror gate has just gotten insane lately. I honestly wouldn't blame them if they did decide to just give up on the whole concept.

Well I hate to be right, but they have now made major changes. The internet is abuzz with all sorts of opinions, but they have essentially disbanded the predictable characterpalooza and are basically doing everything they can to prevent these situations. Moving it to different locations, multiple locations, different times each day.

Have to give them credit for having the courage to make such a big change that's sure to be unpopular with a vocal minority. But it's absolutely the right thing to do to combat the sense of entitlement that's grown.

And debate all you want who's responsible for what behavior. Fact is, there was one source that was publicly promoting and publishing specific times and locations for this, which is what drove the whole experience to the crowded mess it became. To quote asianway: "why we can't have nice things"

drew81

Well I hate to be right, but they have now made major changes. The internet is abuzz with all sorts of opinions, but they have essentially disbanded the predictable characterpalooza and are basically doing everything they can to prevent these situations. Moving it to different locations, multiple locations, different times each day.

Have to give them credit for having the courage to make such a big change that's sure to be unpopular with a vocal minority. But it's absolutely the right thing to do to combat the sense of entitlement that's grown.

And debate all you want who's responsible for what behavior. Fact is, there was one source that was publicly promoting and publishing specific times and locations for this, which is what drove the whole experience to the crowded mess it became. To quote asianway: "why we can't have nice things"

Asianway has lots of good things to say.

asianway

If any of those people got dropped into Paris or Tokyo they would lose their minds because that's how it is all the time for 90% of the greets

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom