Character Experiences!

LuciferKitty

Original Poster
Since I absolutely love hearing people's cute/funny character related stories, I was wondering if anybody has any character stories from the parks that they would like to share. :D I actually don't have many myself, but I'll share the only ones I can think of; They aren't that great but they always make me smile:

About 3 years ago in MK, my fiancee wanted to take my picture with the Queen of Hearts. When it was my turn for the picture, I stood next to her and smiled, and I guess she felt like I wasn't standing close enough, because she grabbed my ear and yanked me towards her. At the same time, she accidentally knocked my sunglasses onto the ground, bent down to pick them up, and stepped on them, breaking them! She seemed flustered for a moment, and then she put the blame on the White Rabbit, pointing to him and making an "axing" motion, chasing him around in cirlces. It was great fun, and thank goodness, my sunglasses were cheapos. :lol:
My other funny lil memory was several years ago in MGM. We were the only ones in the area when Mary Poppins and the penguin appeared, so we went to take a picture and say hello. My fiancee had his hair grown out at the time, almost to his chin, and the penguin began picking up pieces of it and making scissoring motions, and Mary Poppins asked my fiancee whether he was aware that there was a barber shop on Main Street, and offered to draw him a map to get to it! I got a good laugh out of her insult as I had been begging him to cut it short for a long time...maybe he finally took the hint, because he cut it all off the same week after we returned home from orlando! :sohappy:

LuciferKitty

Original Poster
Nobody loves my post :cry: So I will make a fake response to console myself:

Once, I saw Winnie the Pooh throw up on Piglet. :hurl:

MKCP 1985

Don't be blue, LuciferKitty, I enjoyed reading of your unique character experiences. In fact, I couldn't think of anything to top them or even compete.

The appearances by the characters are always special to my crew, and never fail to impress. I am always impressed at the amount of patience displayed by Pluto and Big Bad Wolf in particular when the tykes are yanking their tongues or ears.

cherrynegra

Originally posted by LuciferKitty
Nobody loves my post :cry: So I will make a fake response to console myself:

Once, I saw Winnie the Pooh throw up on Piglet. :hurl:

Now there's something I'd pay an annual pass for to see.

tigger_scotland

First of all, I'm new so just want to say hiya!! :wave:

The most amazing character experience I had was when I went for a character breakfast in the Grand Floridian a few years ago. Mary Poppins was greeting everyone as they went in the dining hall so I gave her my autograph book to sign. She began 'To Jennifer' I had not told her my name and have no idea how she knew who I was!! I was about 10 at the time and was astounded! To this day I don't know how she knew who I was. That was proper Disney magic :)

*Jen*

Piebald

Once in Toontown we were getting our pictures taken with Chip and Dale when two pretty good looking girls walked by and Chip and Dale started fighting over them. This went on for (no joke) about 20 minutes. They were hitting each other, running around, even got on the floor and began to arm wrestle. They were motioning the girls to "call them". It was pretty funny.

I like how they all take their character seriously (well, duh, they're supposed to) but it's so much fun. Such as the villains. I also like bumping into rare characters that you don't see often as oppose to the ones you see EVERYWHERE (pooh,pluto,chip,dale,etc).

Slipknot

One time by the tea cups, there was the Mad Hatter and Alice. Well, my brother, 10 at the time, LOVED the mad hatter. Ironically, he was wearing a baseball cap. When it was his turn to take pictures and get autographs, the Mad Hatter took my brothers hat off, placed it on Alice's head and wondered out loud if Alice was even a fan of the team on the cap (dont remember which team, but it was a Florida team...). Alice, being mischievious at the time, gave my brother a kiss on the cheek and thanked him for the hat. Never seen him blush and worry at the same time before or after that.

I'll probably think of more later so be patient.

wdwmom2+1

when we took mydaughter to disney for thefirst timewe had breakfest @oldkey west w/pooh andgang she was petrified (she was1 1/2)so when we went to magic kingdom we went to toon town pooh there sawher fear he laid down on the ground she felt safer ran over and gave him a big kiss on the nose!

BuckyAcorn

Woah! some of these are great stories. mine would have to be... when I was 13, I had on a really pretty Heart necklace & a red shirt. when i went to get my picture taken with Alice and the Mad Hatter (my 2 faves) and the Mad Hatter tried telling Alice I worked for the Queen of Hearts and I was spying on them for her. The Mad Hatter started refusing to take a picture with me, saying it would be used against him in the royal court! Alice finally convinced him I was fine and that I was too sweet to work for the Queen of Hearts. It was really funny!

Sir Hiss527

The Queen of Hearts freaks me out...:lookaroun

I always have bad luck with the Tweedle's, they always steal my hat, for some reason....

Pixie Duster

One day I went to MK by myself my entire purpose was to meet all the characters I could that day with pic and autograph. A lot of the characters did some greaat poses. Daisy is my favorite character and she took my hand and kind of made it look like we were dancing. Donald put his arm in mine, and Goofy and I had a GREAT POSE but the pic came out blurry....

Disneyfan63

My daughter has had a couple of neat experiences with the characters. The best was when she was getting Mickey's autograph and she was all decked in "Minniewear" and he took her over to see Minnie!! The CM was very excited telling me to hurry and take a picture because vey rarely are Mickey & Minnie together for pictures. I haven't got the picture developed yet so I don't know if it turned out because at that same time I realized had lost one of our passes. On a prevous trip she was seeing Gepetto when music started and he began to dance with her. It was really sweet! We also had a strange experience with Gideon. He kept following us around and taking the bear my husband had won for me at Pizza Planet. He was weird!!!

DonaldDuck

Well I remember being at EPCOT back in 1990, when you would see the Dreamfinder with Figment outside Imagination. Whenever I went for a picture with them, Figment would always steal my hat and throw it to the side. I lost that hat on that trip so I still think Figment took it. :lookaroun

Also, going to WDW this past summer, we had an odd character experience that we didn't realize until we got home. We went to the character dinner at the Garden Grill in EPCOT. My mom asked our waiter how to tell Chip and Dale apart (even though I constantly told her). The waiter said that Chip has a dark nose - chocolate chip, and thus, Dale has the red nose. So Dale came over to us at one point. My mom said hi to Dale, and told him that she could tell it was him by his red nose. So Dale proceeds to point to his nose with both his hands. With his right hand, he uses his index finger. With his left hand, he uses his middle finger. :eek: We didn't notice it at the time, but Dale was giving us the finger. My mom caught it in a photo. It's one of our more unusual photos - a real-life cartoon chipmunk flipping us off. :D

MagicalMonorail

I still remember an experience I had with Donald Duck a few years ago. We were at MGM and I had to get his autograph. After he signed the book, I had to get down on the ground and worship him. I had to beg him to get my book back. Typical Duck!

Also, I was running to get in line for Splash Mountain and Brer Bear came by and knocked my hat off. I turned to get him back but he had run off. All the WDW characters are awesome!

David

I've reported this in another thread in the past, so some of you may have read this, but my most unsual character event was with Mary Poppins.

My son was in line to have his picture made with Bert and the Penguins, directly behind the castle and to the right before you get to the carousel. While we were waiting, I walked over to the wall behind the castle and saw a wooden door. I was curious as where it led and really did not expect it to open, but it did and there was Mary Poppins adjusting her costume and walking toward the door.

I don't know who was more surprised, and I said something crazy like "I couldn't resist looking back here." and closed the door very quickly. A few seconds later, she came out and with a smile on her face and ice in her voice looked at me and said "Please don't ever do that again.'

We got the picture of our son with Bert, Mary and the Penquins, and we still talk about the time Mary Poppins fussed at me!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom