Character Dining

Onamouse

Original Poster
I am looking for help, We are going to AKV in Feb and I am looking for advice on which character dining is the best. We have already done Chef Mickey and really like it and will definitely be doing it again. We also did Princess Dining at the castle.

What other character dining options are out there and can you rate them for me?

Thanks in Advance.

CAPTAIN HOOK

THE best character dining experience is at Crystal Palace in MK - we do it at least once every visit. Meet Pooh, Piglet, Tigger and Eeyore during an excellent meal.
Breakfast at 1900 Park Fayre at GF is also good but the menu not as extensive as CP

Fizbain32

We lean more towards the characters we want to do the meet and greet with.

Crystal Palace definitely has the largest selection of food and is available for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.

We like to schedule dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table for dinner and near park closing. If you time it right you can watch the fireworks from your dinner table. We find it way cool because it feels like the fireworks are shooting off all around you. Although you can not see all the fireworks very well. But since Cindy only greets you and Cindy and they gang do not visit tables, not sure everyone would consider this character dining.

The Garden Grill is cool for dinner. It is basically the same family style menu as the Liberty Tree, but the resturant rotates, you can see part of the Living with the Land ride as you go around and Mickey and friends visit the table. But they are dinner only.

So I guess after all that typing, I would say Crystal Palace for breakfast and Garden Grill for Dinner.

cemeb4dk

Depnds on the characters your looking for.

We have a 4 1/2 year old daughter and we do the princess stuff more.

The ones we really like and hit every trip.

Princess Breakfast in Norway in Epcot.
1900 Park fare for dinner to see Cinderella and the Prince and her step sisters and evil stepmother.
Chef Mickey

tjkraz

Character meals cost more than any given meal without characters. So you're paying for the ability to get those photos and autographs without standing in long lines.

With that said, I never recommend Crystal Palace. The pooh characters are pretty easy to find in the parks--most commonly down at the old boat dock in Animal Kingdom. Very short waits and easy to get through.

By comparison, you could spend 2-3 hours waiting in separate lines trying to get photos with the likes of Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Donald. For that reason alone, I would strongly encourage folks to look into Chef Mickey's. If you have any illusions of coming home from your trip with photos / autographs of the Fab 5 or princesses, character meals are the best way to do it.

Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club is also a good one. I seem to recall Minnie, Goofy, Chip and Dale, but it may have changed. 1900 Park Fare has Cinderella and her friends in the evening, and the likes of Mary Poppins and Alice for breakfast. Norway has princesses but the food is served family style (which means fewer selections) and the exact characters changes daily. Ohana has Mickey, Pluto, Lilo and Stitch, but the food there is also family style. Tusker House at Animal Kingdom has some of the Fab 5 in their safari gear.

Then there's Cinderella's Royal Table. Expensive, but a very unique experience.

We've been to all of the character meals listed above and those are all worth consideration. Again, check the current character rosters before booking--they DO change.

mouselvrmom

Since you are staying at AKV, you may be interested in Donald's Safari Breakfast at the Tusker House at AK. You will see Donald, Daisy, Mickey and Goofy dressed in their Safari gear. The breakfast is great- they have some wonderful juice there! And the character interaction is good too!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom