Character Dining Choice

TinkSassy

Original Poster
We will be there around Easter and am looking at choosing between Chef Mickey's and Ohana for a character breakfast. Ours is a group of all adults but we like our character pics. Which would you choose in that situation? Better food? Differences in character interactions?

drizgirl

Food is likely better at 'Ohana.

Nobody can promise better character interactions at either place since it's so situational. Just choose the one with characters you want photos with more.

nickys

Premium Member
Another difference is that at Ohana your food is brought to your table, CM is a buffet. Now you can ask for more at Ohana as many times as you like, but you will have a wider selection at CM.

But my main decision would be on characters I guess. Ohana was our first ever character meal at Disney and so holds a special meaning for me (MIL was with us, first trip for our boys), but I also love CM for the "Big 5" as I call it!

Ohana is probably quieter, easier to talk to each other. I think it has a more sophisticated style, and unique characters, I don't think Lilo appears anywhere else.

I think for all adults I would go with Ohana.

DawnDelion

When we did Ohana last week, Stitch was taking pictures outside of the restaurant, but did not visit the table. This actually made for a nicer picture with a dedicated background. The photographer offered to take a picture with my camera as well, which was nice (and the pic from my camera actually turned out a little nicer than the photopass camera that used a flash that washed everyone out). Lilo was eh, and Mickey and Pluto were nice visits. At Chef Mickey, you get more characters but the photo before dinner is just with a statue, so you will have the restaurant as your background. I think it depends on who you are looking for a picture with.

drizgirl

When we did Ohana last week, Stitch was taking pictures outside of the restaurant, but did not visit the table. This actually made for a nicer picture with a dedicated background. The photographer offered to take a picture with my camera as well, which was nice (and the pic from my camera actually turned out a little nicer than the photopass camera that used a flash that washed everyone out). Lilo was eh, and Mickey and Pluto were nice visits. At Chef Mickey, you get more characters but the photo before dinner is just with a statue, so you will have the restaurant as your background. I think it depends on who you are looking for a picture with.
Chef Mickey only has 5 characters. Does Ohana only have 4 now?

Jedi Stitch

Ohana is my 1st pick, but I am bias. It was our first Character Meal, more importantly, if you want Lelo & Stitch this is the only place I found them, other than on a DCL cruse on the Dream. As far as amount of characters, I believe 5 or 6.

DawnDelion

Chef Mickey only has 5 characters. Does Ohana only have 4 now?

There were only 4 characters at Ohana last Sunday when we went. Stitch was outside the restaurant, and Lilo, Pluto, and Mickey were walking around. At Chef Mickey's we saw 5 characters - Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, and Pluto.

nickys

Premium Member
There were only 4 characters at Ohana last Sunday when we went. Stitch was outside the restaurant, and Lilo, Pluto, and Mickey were walking around. At Chef Mickey's we saw 5 characters - Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, and Pluto.

Same for 'Ohana last Christmas. I think that is the usual line up. CM is the only place you can see the "Big 5".

disneyworlddad

Ohana is my 1st pick, but I am bias. It was our first Character Meal, more importantly, if you want Lelo & Stitch this is the only place I found them, other than on a DCL cruse on the Dream. As far as amount of characters, I believe 5 or 6.
I have a picture with Stich in TomorrowLand but I'm guessing Lilo doesn't meet in the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom