Character breakfast

felipenor

Original Poster
Hello guys.
We're considering doing a character breakfast on our last day in Anaheim, and we don't have park tickets for that day so it'd be in one of the hotels. I've read that Goofy's Kitchen is too noisy and the food is focused on kids, so we crossed that one off (we're two couples, no kids). That leaves us PCH and Storytellers Café. I've read both are getting new character experiences in July, just before our trip, but it's hard to find more information.

Since we have no kids, I was told Storytellers was the better option, is that correct?
The press release mentions Storytellers as a "farmer's market breakfast", What is that supposed to mean? Fresh fruits??
Is the weekend brunch more expensive? I couldn't find the prices.

Thanks for any help!

drizgirl

I'd make reservations for both, then watch for feedback on both after the change and cancel one.

I think Mickey is going to be at Storytellers? So I guess not at PPH any more. I think they're adding Donald at PPH, but not certain.

habuma

We've done both PCH and Storytellers for breakfast and even without the upcoming character changes, can wholeheartedly recommend Storytellers over PCH. PCH had a few nice items on its buffet, but overall I found Storytellers' spread to be significantly better. Character-wise, that can be a matter of preference...and, of course, I haven't experience the new characters at Storytellers coming in July...but even with the current character lineup, I like Storytellers more than PCH.

Hello guys.
We're considering doing a character breakfast on our last day in Anaheim, and we don't have park tickets for that day so it'd be in one of the hotels. I've read that Goofy's Kitchen is too noisy and the food is focused on kids, so we crossed that one off (we're two couples, no kids). That leaves us PCH and Storytellers Café. I've read both are getting new character experiences in July, just before our trip, but it's hard to find more information.

Since we have no kids, I was told Storytellers was the better option, is that correct?
The press release mentions Storytellers as a "farmer's market breakfast", What is that supposed to mean? Fresh fruits??
Is the weekend brunch more expensive? I couldn't find the prices.

Thanks for any help!

felipenor

Original Poster
Thanks, guys!

We're leaning towards Storytellers, but I think we'll follow drizgirl's advice and make reservations for both until the first reviews come out.

Anyone know the price for brunch though? Is it much higher than breakfast?

thomas998

Either one will be fine. Just don't do the Goofy, that is the absolute worst option and it is good you crossed it off your list. Last time we did it not only was the food below average but the service was absolutely terrible... nothing annoys me more than having to get up and get a drink myself because the waiter is no were to be seen.

felipenor

Original Poster
Thanks, guys! I think Storytellers is looking like the best option.

Do you guys have any idea how much brunch costs nowadays? Where can I find that information?

felipenor

Original Poster
Thanks.

How does brunch work? I'm making reservations for a Saturday, and the website shows this information:
Breakfast
7:00 AM - 11:25 AM
Brunch
11:30 AM - 1:45 PM

My reservation is for 10:30, so does that mean I have to leave at 11:25 when breakfast finishes? Or do I pay more if I stay past 11:30?

Phroobar

Thanks.

How does brunch work? I'm making reservations for a Saturday, and the website shows this information:
Breakfast
7:00 AM - 11:25 AM
Brunch
11:30 AM - 1:45 PM

My reservation is for 10:30, so does that mean I have to leave at 11:25 when breakfast finishes? Or do I pay more if I stay past 11:30?
I would assume just like any other restaurant you can stay until your done. You can call them and ask.

Rich T

I miss character breakfast at Plaza Inn, where Chip n' Dale would literally steal people's food and dump milk/salt/pepper on your meal, then do the silent "laughing". At least, that's what they did when my family was there, and it was great... except I wasn't done with the french toast Dale dumped the milk onto...

GiveMeTheMusic

I miss character breakfast at Plaza Inn, where Chip n' Dale would literally steal people's food and dump milk/salt/pepper on your meal, then do the silent "laughing". At least, that's what they did when my family was there, and it was great... except I wasn't done with the french toast Dale dumped the milk onto...

That breakfast is still there, so come on down if you want rodents to mess with your food!

felipenor

Original Poster
I would assume just like any other restaurant you can stay until your done. You can call them and ask.
But I will be able to stay finishing my meal, but not serve more food after 11:25, when breakfast finishes? Or can I serve the breakfast items that are offered during brunch (if any)?

Phroobar

But I will be able to stay finishing my meal, but not serve more food after 11:25, when breakfast finishes? Or can I serve the breakfast items that are offered during brunch (if any)?
I would assume the wait staff won't allow you to get food from the brunch setup. It seems a little rude that you would do that anyway. I'd suggest getting an earlier time.

felipenor

Original Poster
I would assume the wait staff won't allow you to get food from the brunch setup. It seems a little rude that you would do that anyway. I'd suggest getting an earlier time.
It seems odd to me. They have breakfast reservations as late as 11:15 for Saturdays, when breakfast finishes at 11:25. So either:

a. People with the 11:15 reservation will have 10 minutes to eat (assuming they won't have to wait to be seated)
b. People that come for breakfast can stay as long as they want, even after brunch has started

I'm a foreigner who's never done brunch do I don't really know how it works, but is the first scenario likely?

BlackCauldron

It seems odd to me. They have breakfast reservations as late as 11:15 for Saturdays, when breakfast finishes at 11:25. So either:

a. People with the 11:15 reservation will have 10 minutes to eat (assuming they won't have to wait to be seated)
b. People that come for breakfast can stay as long as they want, even after brunch has started

I'm a foreigner who's never done brunch do I don't really know how it works, but is the first scenario likely?

If you have an 1115 reservation for breakfast, and brunch begins 10-15 minutes after you are seated, it is perfectly acceptable for you to choose from the brunch buffet options. This happens in WDW frequently at buffets (eg. Crystal Palace), where meals are back to back. Late seatings for lunch are also able to choose from the dinner menu when the food switches over. If Disney did not want this to happen, then they should not allow the reservations to overlap.

GiveMeTheMusic

@BlackCauldron is right. If you have an 11:15 reservation, you will not be expected to eat in 10 minutes. It's very common in America to book a buffet reservation just before a meal changeover to take advantage of both options at a lesser price. Don't worry about it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom