Character Breakfast

Halloweenhead

Original Poster
Book a character dinner instead
Part of the reasonings was that we'll save a bit of money if you have breakfast instead of Character dinner and it should fill us up enough to last up until dinner time. Also it meant we'd get a good photo opportunity with Mickey and Co........

HouCuseChickie

Our fave character breakfasts:
#1 - Crystal Palace
#2 - TIE - 1900 Park Fare & CRT
#3 - TIE - Chef Mickey's, Cape May Café & Hollywood & Vine

We've also done Akershus, Tusker and 'Ohana, but we prefer lunch and dinner at Akershus, had horrible food at 'Ohana (even sent it back to get more overcooked or raw food), and had the trifecta of bad at Tusker (bad service, lackluster character attitudes, and food was picked over and never replenished). Mind you, experiences vary and I know some people think these 3 are the best of the best...these are just our experiences.

WDW_Jon

Does anybody know where you can find out exactly which characters attend a particular restaurant?
We are going to book in October for my sons 4th birthday but unsure who you see at different places? I know who is at the crystal palace and chef mickeys but not sure on places like Tusker?

He would love to see Mickey, goofy and Donald...

I asked this once before and someone directed me to an out dated list?

Any help appreciated!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Does anybody know where you can find out exactly which characters attend a particular restaurant?
We are going to book in October for my sons 4th birthday but unsure who you see at different places? I know who is at the crystal palace and chef mickeys but not sure on places like Tusker?

He would love to see Mickey, goofy and Donald...

I asked this once before and someone directed me to an out dated list?

Any help appreciated!
Yep, head to http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining.htm

Pick your restaurant, and it will tell you on there.

Eg. Hollywood and Vine
http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/hollywood-and-vine.htm

erasure fan1

We originally booked at Chef Mickeys for one of the mornings but we are now questioning whether or not we should cancel that, after reading many reviews and look at booking at a 'less expensive' character breakfast.
The problem with chef Mickey is it seems to be a victim of popularity. It is expensive for mostly the same breakfast items you get anywhere but the problem for us is in the service. It seems to me they stopped trying because they don't need to. Everyone needs/wants to eat with Mickey and the gang so they don't need to put in a lot of effort. The characters are rushed and the interaction limited, just not worth the money paid. Chef Mickey was a staple of every trip for us for 10yrs or so but the last 3 times were just so meh, we just couldn't justify going back. Cape May was a lot better as well as Tusker house and 1900 park fair. But if you really want that photo-opp with Mickey and the gang then I would say it's worth it once.

Halloweenhead

Original Poster
The problem with chef Mickey is it seems to be a victim of popularity. It is expensive for mostly the same breakfast items you get anywhere but the problem for us is in the service. It seems to me they stopped trying because they don't need to. Everyone needs/wants to eat with Mickey and the gang so they don't need to put in a lot of effort. The characters are rushed and the interaction limited, just not worth the money paid. Chef Mickey was a staple of every trip for us for 10yrs or so but the last 3 times were just so meh, we just couldn't justify going back. Cape May was a lot better as well as Tusker house and 1900 park fair. But if you really want that photo-opp with Mickey and the gang then I would say it's worth it once.
Cheers for that input, interesting info. Thanks!!!

ncgator77

Great thread! My partner and I are going to Disney in February and while we go to Disney all the time, we've never done a character meal. We will be staying at the Grand Floridian Villas (new DVC owners), so sounds like the perfect opportunity to try 1900 Park Fare! It's nice to hear it might be fun for adults.

Matt_Black

Great thread! My partner and I are going to Disney in February and while we go to Disney all the time, we've never done a character meal. We will be staying at the Grand Floridian Villas (new DVC owners), so sounds like the perfect opportunity to try 1900 Park Fare! It's nice to hear it might be fun for adults.

Might nothing- it IS fun for adults! I've certainly enjoyed myself every time I've been there. In fact, it gave me the perfect opportunity to suck up to my cousin, who's a huge Alice in Wonderland fan.

jambisket

Tusker House would be my 1st choice for breakfast. Lots of variety. Lots of kids at times. Can be noisy but fun. 2nd is Cape May. Havent been in a while, but it seemed much more quiet and less crowded. Beautiful resort location. Goofy and Donald here also.
Try to change to a late ADR. I think you will enjoy it:)

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
If the Character breakfast at 1900 Park Fare is half as good as the Dinner version Ill be ecstatic!

We ate there this past weekend for breakfast. We've done CRT, Garden Grill, Tusker House, Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey's (for dinner) and this was my favorite. The Mad Hatter is a hoot, Alice was lovely and we had a wonderful conversation about tea and Tigger gave me a big hug when I told him I named my cat after him. And what can I say about Mary Poppins, *sigh*. Plus, the food was wonderful, especially the strawberry soup.

You will enjoy it!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

You will enjoy it. And if you have room in your schedule (and an ADR is available), also try Cinderella's Royal Table. While the room at the Castle is undergoing renovations, CRT has moved to Citrico's at the Grand Floridian. They still do the Wishing Star and you get the Princesses with the surprise of Belle (made my daughter's day) and the food is Citrico's quality. I had the steak and eggs and the steak was the size and quality I would expect at dinner. Plus, you can now have an adult beverage with your meal - the mimosa was excellent.

Welcome to DVC.

yedliW

I'm a big fan of 'Ohana for breakfast (much more than dinner, but that is a different story). I've never seen the movie Lilo and Stitch, but it was a great time, and the food was really good.

We got some good pictures of us with Lilo, Stitch, Mickey (in a Hawaiian shirt) and Pluto.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom