Character Breakfast

saz331

Hi

We are coming to WDW in June 2005, this will be our 4th trip and we have never booked a character breakfast before, my boys are 9,5,3 and i thought it would be a good idea before the eldest starts going mad at the thought!! would like some feedback on if these are good or not!!

Really excited for our stay this year as we have booked the Pop Century Resort!! the past 3 times we have stayed with Buzz and Woody!! Also can be buy cups like in Movies for unlimited fizzy juice?

Thanks!!

Sarah (excited minnie fan from Scotland)

GenerationX

Welcome to wdwmagic, saz331!

The Pop Century does have unlimited refill mugs for drinks.

As for character breakfasts, we have done one or two of these each trip, and my sons (5, 7, and 9 years old) have loved every one of them. Their favorite is probably Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary Resort with 'Ohana at the Polynesian second.

Have fun! :wave:

Upvote 0

jacksnightmare

I am going on a trip to wdw at the end of may with my girlfriend and we are also going to have a charactor breakfast but we are booking that tonight. We had one at the Crystal Palace in Magic Kingdom and we had a lot of fun, we seemed out of place because we dont have kids but the charactors go from table to table and take pictures with everybody and play with the kids. Depending on what breakfast you go to will determine what charactors are there.
At Pop Century you can buy that mug for unlimited drinks for 15 to 20 dollars.

Upvote 0

DisneyWood

Chrystal Palace

We went to the character breakfast at the Chrystal Palace (Winnie the Pooh & friends) at the Magic Kingdom. We did this for a couple of reasons: children are young and like Pooh, and we were able to get into the MK early to take pictures w/o the crowds.

I have not been to other character breakfasts but I am sure they are all top notch.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

First off, WELCOME Sarah! :wave:

We love to do the Character breakfast at Chef Mickey's in the Contemporary, the food is plentiful and very good... buffet style - all you care to eat. I understand the dinner there is great as well. This trip (August) I'm going to try for the Character breakfast in the Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club where they are dressed in old time beach attire.
Dinner at the Liberty Tree Tavern is fun too, the characters dress in Colonial attire and again, its all you care to eat, but they bring it to the table for you. If you haven't allready check out the menus from allearsnet...

http://allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm

Try to get the mugs ($11.99) for everyone. If your kids are like mine they will want to try every soda in sight! We each drink 2 cups per meal (there are 4 of us) and we get soda or coffee/tea in the evenings as well. I know it seems like a lot of money to spend at one time, but they more than pay for themselves. The first thin we do is to send our kids to get cups while we are checking in, that way we have a cool drink while we settle into our room.

Enjoy your trip . :wave:

Upvote 0

saz331

Original Poster
Another question! would i be able to book a character breakfast over the internet or will i try and phone too book?

Thanks! in advance

Upvote 0

GolferQn

1900 Park Fare

i have been to disney three times and the character breakfast that me and my family attends is at 1900 Park fare in Disney's Grand floridian Hotel. It absolutley great with alot of characters and a great breakfast.

I also suggest if you dont want to haev a character breakfast, you can go to a character dinner. i personally like Mickey's backyard BBQ at Disney's Fort wilderness Campground. There's character dressed in western style, music, and really good food.

Upvote 0

eaptmck

We did Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary without even having reservations (we probably got very lucky) and I agree that it was great- lots of favorite characters, great food, and reasonable prices!

Upvote 0

tigsmom

eaptmck said:
We did Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary without even having reservations (we probably got very lucky) and I agree that it was great- lots of favorite characters, great food, and reasonable prices!

We've been able to walk into a few character meals without PS, it just depends on the time of year. We got into the Liberty Tree Tavern in July without PS...only had to wait 10 minutes. :wave:

Upvote 0

brisem

I also have to go with Chef Mickey.
On our last trip we did Crystal Palace, we had the last lunch seating. The food wasn't that good. Probably because of the time.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom