Character Breakfast?

Ames0097

Who has the best character breakfast? I've never been to one and would like to go when I visit in 22 Days!! I know some places have family style instead of buffet. I would prefer family style. Suggestions please.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Chef Mickey's is by far the best one in my opinion. The Crystal Palace is also good. They are both served buffet style. I do believe that the new Princess Storybook breakfast at the Restaurant Akershus in Norway is served family style.

Pam

Upvote 0

TURKEY

Chef Mickey's is the WORST in my opinion. The food isn't that great, the other breakfasts are better and it's one of the loudest places to eat. The only good thing about it is that you can see and hear the monorail while eating.

1900 Park Fare is very very good. Crystal Palace is good. Donald's Breakfasourus is not bad. Hollywood and Vine is very good as well, if it's still having characters or breakfast.

Upvote 0

Figaro

The one at Ohana's at the Polynesian is really good. Don't know if you have kids or not. My son had a great time there. They had parades with the kids, dances and games. He got to play instruments and march w/ chip & dale.

The food was so-so, but I think it's like that at all the character dining. Served Family style, but I don't remember what they had except this really good pineapple bread.

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
1900 park fare at the grand floridian has great food. Some of there characters were pinnochio, mad hatter, and alice. Mary Poppins might have been there too.

Upvote 0

wdwforus

I would say that Cinderellas Castle was awesome. The food was great. We got to get autos and photos with all the princesses and a prince and the fairy godmother. The service was excellent andif you get a reservation early enough in the a.m. you can be out and waiting at the ropes to any one of the areas before the rest of the "crowd" gets there. We did POTC and Thunder Mtn before there was hardly a soul there. If the food at Chefs is the same quality as dinner you might be a lil dissappointed but the characters are good. We got to see Goofy, Chip, Dale, Minny, Mickey, Daisy with autos and photos.

Upvote 0

KathyG/poohbear

I love O'Hanas at the Poly for family style. We liked the food. The fruit was awesome and the service was great. I also loved the fruit. I have never ate at Chef Mickey's but heard it was great. We didn't like the Breakostaurus at Animal Kingdom. It is very crowded and just not as much fun as the others we have attended. The service lacked too. Hollywood & Vine (I think it is closed now) was great for a buffet and so is Crystal Palace but it also depends on what characters you want.

Upvote 0

swhite

Just one tip on trying to get a PS for Cinderella's Royal Table PS are made 60 days prior to the date you want and you must be on the phone before the 7:00 am time that they tell you to call my fiance was on the phone at 6:45am and was left on hold until 7:05 and they were all booked by then so we settled for a non character lunch food was good and caught Cindy and her fairy godmother in the castle and got to sit in the royal chair :king:

Upvote 0

wdwforus

Originally posted by swhite
Just one tip on trying to get a PS for Cinderella's Royal Table PS are made 60 days prior to the date you want and you must be on the phone before the 7:00 am time that they tell you to call my fiance was on the phone at 6:45am and was left on hold until 7:05 and they were all booked by then so we settled for a non character lunch food was good and caught Cindy and her fairy godmother in the castle and got to sit in the royal chair :king:

My wife had a similar problem. She couldnt get it the first day she called but tried again the next day and got it. A CM we talked to was amazed we got it because it is so hard.

Upvote 0

Momx3

Has anyone done the character breakfast in Norway at Epcot, the Princess Storybook? Also wondering about the Cinderella Gala Feast at the Grand Floridian. I didn't know about either of theses until today and would appreciate any comments. Thanks!

Upvote 0

goofyman

You won't go wrong with any of the breakfasts. But, with only 22 day to go you might want to get on the phoneASAP to make PS for them. Have a great trip!!

Upvote 0

TURKEY

Originally posted by KathyG/poohbear
I love O'Hanas at the Poly for family style. We liked the food. The fruit was awesome and the service was great. I also loved the fruit. I have never ate at Chef Mickey's but heard it was great. We didn't like the Breakostaurus at Animal Kingdom. It is very crowded and just not as much fun as the others we have attended. The service lacked too. Hollywood & Vine (I think it is closed now) was great for a buffet and so is Crystal Palace but it also depends on what characters you want.

I think that I have done every character breakfast other than at the Polynesian. Breakostaurus was worse than any other breakfast except for Chef Mickey's.

Of course I did it on Dec. 30 so that may be part of it. The server was nice, but was rarely seen. I think I saw Mickey and one other character at my table. It wasn't as much fun, but you couldn't get around in the place. The food was very good, but there was only 1 person manning the omelet/pancake area and was running behind trying to keep up with demand.

Upvote 0

TURKEY

Originally posted by goofyman
You won't go wrong with any of the breakfasts. But, with only 22 day to go you might want to get on the phoneASAP to make PS for them. Have a great trip!!

I don't know how set your plans are or when you are going, but the only breakfast I've had trouble getting into was the Castle. I was able to get any breakfast within a couple of days of wanting to go. I usually get the time that I want on the day I want, but I've had to change times and days a couple of occasions.

Upvote 0

RPMdfw

I'm really hoping that the Breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table is great. I called yesterday morning and after only 10 minutes online got a P.S. for 4 people at 8:25am on Saturday June 7th! I'm really excited, and can't believe I didn't have a more difficult time getting the P.S. (of course it could be that everybody is avoiding the Magic Kingdom that day, :lol: but I hope that's not it)

Anway, I'm pumped to go!

Upvote 0

tammycooley

:sohappy: I love the Ohana cb at the polynesian. We had a seat next to the window last year on Mothers day that looked out over the lagoon and you could see the Castle in the background.
I really liked Chef Mickey too...I wasnt really impressed by the one at Cape May Cafe though. Cinderella's castle is my most favorite. I have done that one twice now and both were excellent!!!!!!!:)

Upvote 0

toystoryma

We ate a family style served character breakfast with pooh and friends at the Old Key West resort in the Olivia's restraunt about 2 years ago. It was nice and pretty much quiet.. Im not sure if its still running as a char meal, but we had a nice time there.

Like others have said.. Jump on that phone NOW and call for your priority seating! good luck and enjoy :)

Upvote 0

Bagheera

Originally posted by toystoryma
We ate a family style served character breakfast with pooh and friends at the Old Key West resort in the Olivia's restraunt about 2 years ago. It was nice and pretty much quiet.. Im not sure if its still running as a char meal, but we had a nice time there.

Like others have said.. Jump on that phone NOW and call for your priority seating! good luck and enjoy :)

We did the Pooh breakfast at Olivia's three years ago. Nice and convenient when staying at Old Key West. Alas, it's long gone, probably the first character breakfast to be discontinued.

Upvote 0

Disneyanna0521

Account Suspended
Chef Mickey's is the BESTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

make sure u ask for the view of the Castle and 2morrowland...it's incredible!!!

You can have breakfast or dinner (i dont think they serve lunch) it is a buffet :)

Upvote 0

DisneyNut24

We just had breakfast at Ohana's on March 26th of this year, we have done Chef Mickey's three years ago. We really liked both, I thought the food was better at Ohana's (pineapple bread is really good) or maybe it was because it is family style and is delivered to your table, so you never have to be worried with missing a character while you are at the buffet. I know, I know they will come back around, but there is always so much too do, you don't want to spend too much time at breakfast.

Chef Mickey's has a more party atmosphere and more energetic and much more of a food selection on the buffet. Ohana's seemed quieter and more laid back, but still had a parade with instruments and all the kids and characters.

I don't think you can go wrong at any Character breakfast from reading the posts, I just think it is making sure you get one that is more your style or seeing the characters that are most important to you. I doubt with two sons that I will ever be able to visit Cinderellas Royal Table! LOL!:lol:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom