character auditon question

princessmelissa

Original Poster
Hi all! I'm thinking of applying to the college program next semester and I'm interested in the character role (yes I know it's very difficult to get). I have green eyes but I've noticed no princesses have green eyes. My dream is to play Belle, should I wear contacts to the audition or go natrual?

friendofafriend

Hi all! I'm thinking of applying to the college program next semester and I'm interested in the character role (yes I know it's very difficult to get). I have green eyes but I've noticed no princesses have green eyes. My dream is to play Belle, should I wear contacts to the audition or go natrual?

Your height will play a much larger role than your eye color. I would venture a bet that there are many princesses with green eyes- you just can't tell. :animwink:

You should go natural and don't wear too much make up either. The auditions are for face AND fur. So you could get either, if you get a face role you will most likely be doing fur as well.

Again, don't worry about eye color- they won't be. :animwink:

Dreamstuff

I totally agree with the above, they care most about your HEIGHT. I saw them dismiss people at an audition just because they fell in the wrong height range. But don't worry, there is such a thing as "disney" height. They add or subtract inches based on what they feel they need at the moment.

SinginSarah

5'6" is Pluto height, so you can do Pluto and some other characters.

I think that might be too tall to be a Princess though, I think Princesses top out at 5'5", but I'm really not positive as I really didn't deal with Princesses as a costuming CM.

Yeah, it's all about height. I found that I'm a terrible height for Disney. I'm 5'9", which there are only a handful of characters that are in that range (not that I'd ever want to be a performer anyway), but it's all about height.

And then besides height, for face characters, it's about face, coloring, weight, clear skin, and 500 other things you'll never know about.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom