Chapek and D'Amaro continue the tradition of no bonus or Christmas gift for Disney's Cast Members

dovetail65

No, I'm not. Do some research...total charitable donations doesn't mean anything in relation to the issues that are being discussed.
Yeah total and % either way the rich give as much or more. Either way it is more than enough to where any person should be grateful, not asking the wealthy for more, more, more.

I aspired to be rich, didn't happen, so I set my kids up best I could so they might be rich, we will see what happens with them. I don't hold anything agsint the wealthy and I don't pretend like the wealthy don't give their fair share, they do.

And as far as Christmas bonuses no one is entitled to that so if a comapmy dont give anything I say they were provided a job, I guess that's is not enough either. I have received bonus from clients and I have gone years without, but I never felt I deserved a bonus because it has never been in my job contract.

ImperfectPixie

Yeah total and % either way the rich give as much or more. Either way it is more than enough to where any person should be grateful, not asking the wealthy for more, more, more.

I aspired to be rich, didn't happen, so I set my kids up best I could so they might be rich, we will see what happens with them. I don't hold anything agsint the wealthy and I don't pretend like the wealthy don't give their fair share, they do.

And as far as Christmas bonuses no one is entitled to that so if a comapmy dont give anything I say they were provided a job, I guess that's is not enough either. I have received bonus from clients and I have gone years without, but I never felt I deserved a bonus because it has never been in my job contract.
Most charities are a racket. My BIL worked for a charity - their employment was a total of him, and the boss - YES, TWO PEOPLE. His job was to solicit donations and then go around and collect checks. The majority of the people who donated to their "cause" were elderly. Most checks ranged in the $10-$30 range, and he averaged 10-20 checks per day in pickups. Where do you think the vast majority of the money collected went? Do you really think it's any different for the big charities?

Do some research. Take a look at how much money charity administrators make. How much do you think it costs for the huge advertising campaigns that are constantly on TV?

Minnesota disney fan

Wow, all this info is scary! I only give to St. Judes Hospital, Wounded warriors, and COPS (concerns of police survivors).
I certainly hope most of my money goes to really helping. I know that COPS does and have benefited from their largess and kindness.

CJR

It's interesting to me that they cut bonuses for employees while at the same time, giving them to people who want to become one. It kind of reminds of me of how cell phone companies historically gave free phones for switching companies.

In Disney's case, they're trying so hard to bring people in, they're forgetting about the people they already have.

peter11435

It's interesting to me that they cut bonuses for employees while at the same time, giving them to people who want to become one. It kind of reminds of me of how cell phone companies historically gave free phones for switching companies.

In Disney's case, they're trying so hard to bring people in, they're forgetting about the people they already have.
They didn’t exactly cut bonuses. You can’t cut what wasn’t there in the first place

Cesar R M

Most charities are a racket. My BIL worked for a charity - their employment was a total of him, and the boss - YES, TWO PEOPLE. His job was to solicit donations and then go around and collect checks. The majority of the people who donated to their "cause" were elderly. Most checks ranged in the $10-$30 range, and he averaged 10-20 checks per day in pickups. Where do you think the vast majority of the money collected went? Do you really think it's any different for the big charities?

Do some research. Take a look at how much money charity administrators make. How much do you think it costs for the huge advertising campaigns that are constantly on TV?
Not to mention that, unlike poor and middle class who can barely meet ends and yet still donate. A rich dude like Musky, can donate 95% of their money and still live easily.

Reminds me, a ton of these rich charities are just a concentration of other donations and then distributed. They not always means the "organizer" is giving away money.

Big T is a fine example of his "charities" that ended being a fraud or shifting the donation money into his business. XD

peter11435

Pretty sure they mean the "extras" you used to get when working for Diz.
Now regular CMs are very restricted of when they can go to the parks, or buy stuff.
Discounts are getting rarer and parks have a ton of dates blacked out.
I don’t think that’s really a fair complaint at this point since everyone is restricted of when they can go the parks. When things normalize and park capacity and merch levels are back to normal, if cast admission/discounts are still restricted then they have a point.

Cast were all given complimentary resort stays last year, continue to get comp tickets with no restrictions, and have access to some of the best cruise discounts they’ve ever offered them.

Roy G. Dis

Charities are required to publish now much they spend on administrative costs versus how much goes to a cause. If you have a brother in law who is ripping people off, shame on him first and foremost and shame on people for getting swindled so easily and giving away their money without doing any research.

ImperfectPixie

Charities are required to publish now much they spend on administrative costs versus how much goes to a cause. If you have a brother in law who is ripping people off, shame on him first and foremost and shame on people for getting swindled so easily and giving away their money without doing any research.
The charity my BIL worked for DOES give money to the cause they support, but because the dollar amounts are so small and also pay two salaries and for the office, that amount is very small.

Lilofan

I read about the scam charity that targets Seniors called the National Police Association trying to con them into giving donations . At the end of one year, their company party was at a hotel in Key West FL to celebrate their success.

JoeCamel

The charity my BIL worked for DOES give money to the cause they support, but because the dollar amounts are so small and also pay two salaries and for the office, that amount is very small.

I read about the scam charity that targets Seniors called the National Police Association trying to con them into giving donations . At the end of one year, their company party was at a hotel in Key West FL to celebrate their success.
Its not hard to check any charity, just type the name in the box

V_L_Raptor

Many, many charities exist primarily to keep themselves going, and serving their declared purposes in the community is almost a secondary goal. Beginning around 2014 or so, I started to notice a lot of local agencies that previously worked with individual volunteers started to rearrange their systems to use their volunteering arms as gateways to corporate donations. Individual volunteers would be phased out or sent out on fools' errands for as long as they would tolerate, while the meat of the work went to rotating corporate groups for team building and photo ops... and sweet, sweet donation dosh to the nonprofit with which they've formed a bond by "volunteering." I've got quite a few stories on that score, but that's not relevant to this discussion.

Suffice to say... no, rich donors are not just like everyone else. No, laundering tax breaks with "donations" of any sort isn't an excuse not to pay your workers fairly. Disney, Elon, Bill Gates, whoever... can sod off.

Cesar R M

I don’t think that’s really a fair complaint at this point since everyone is restricted of when they can go the parks. When things normalize and park capacity and merch levels are back to normal, if cast admission/discounts are still restricted then they have a point.

Cast were all given complimentary resort stays last year, continue to get comp tickets with no restrictions, and have access to some of the best cruise discounts they’ve ever offered them.
Restrictions were there even before the pandemic.

I remember reading in discord that they are still restricted even during pandemic levels (they take the max capacity of the parks into account).

Cast were all given complimentary resort stays last year

First time I've heard of this. When did this happen?
continue to get comp tickets with no restrictions

Since when they do not have restrictions? Every time I ask they say they are still affected by very large blackouts.

and have access to some of the best cruise discounts they’ve ever offered them.
Considering the prices of DCL, Do many of the CMs actually get to use their DCL discounts?
Also what is "best cruise discounts" ?
10% is usually the "outer onion layer" that concentrators get when reselling. Didn't also DCL offer 10% discount to platinum members? (It seems they now get complimentary PALO dinner instead of discounts except when DCL rolls out offers with per day discounts).

CJR

They didn’t exactly cut bonuses. You can’t cut what wasn’t there in the first place

I was talking about the Christmas bonus/gift that's in the title of the thread.

I know they're different, but from a company standpoint, they're both expenses. I actually think it's actually more sad when the "bonus" we're talking about is even less of a value in comparison to what new people are getting, yet, that's what got cut.

It seems clear to me that morale is low at a time they're burning cash to get people in the door. Disney seems like it's turning into a theme park version of Walmart, as an employer. Been that way for a long time really, pre-pandemic even.

peter11435

I was talking about the Christmas bonus/gift that's in the title of the thread.
Yes, I know. But there was nothing cut. There was no Christmas bonus/gift in 2020 either. Or 2019. Or 2018. There was no bonus to cut because there hasn’t been a bonus to cut.

CJR

Yes, I know. But there was nothing cut. There was no Christmas bonus/gift in 2020 either. Or 2019. Or 2018. There was no bonus to cut because there hasn’t been a bonus to cut.

That's because they cut them. They did use to provide employees a "holiday gift". I was employed by Disney when they did.

I think some people were hoping Disney would try a bit harder after the last year.

peter11435

That's because they cut them. They did use to provide employees a "holiday gift". I was employed by Disney when they did.

I think some people were hoping Disney would try a bit harder after the last year.
“They” didn’t cut them. They were cut long before Chapek and D’amaro.

Cast still received the family holiday celebration meal coupons and snacks song with the increased merch discount. Just like other recent years. Some elements of that were again missing though due to Covid

Last edited:

cranbiz

I remember getting the Cast Holiday gift. I'm looking at 3 years of them right now. My last Christmas was 2010 though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom