Changing Resorts, Keep FP+?

Kevin Murphy

Original Poster
After booking at Poly room only, and selecting my FP+, I now have the opportunity to use DVC points for the same dates. Can I keep the FP+ reservations I already have?

nickys

Premium Member
If you book the DVC villa first and then cancel the Poly there's no problem. Not sure what would happen if you cancel the Poly first though. But in any case that risks not having anywhere to stay, so don't do that!

Kevin Murphy

Original Poster
I booked DVC first. When I went to cancel the Poly reservation it says I will loose FP+ associated with the reservation. Since it's room only I wouldn't think the FP+ is really tied to it.

correcaminos

Just cancelled the original reservation, and FP+ are still there.
That's been my experience as well. Especially if you are inside the 30 day mark it won't make a difference. But I had a reservation technically cancelled and rebooked with some DVC points that didn't touch anything with FP+

Glad you were able to find a room instead having to pay cash!

CaptainAmerica

A cast member I talked to says the system "checks" overnight at midnight and then you get 24 hours notice before anything is cancelled. So if you cancel your resort reservation on Monday, the system will send you an e-mail on Tuesday saying something like "so-and-so has Fastpass reservations but he or she is ineligible. Fix it by EOD today."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom