Changing resorts due to cost savings (POR to Art of Animation)

Ha! Yeah I know that. I'm just a creature of habit - and Dixie Landings rolls off the tongue so well. Yeah, I've been there recently, and I stand by my review of the bus service there. That resort is just too big to manage, IMHO.

daisyduckie

I've stayed at Port Orleans and Dixie Landings/Riverside several times, but I think I'm done with it. It's soooooo huuuuuuge. Transportation is a problem there. We just started driving ourselves wherever we wanted to go instead of taking the pokey buses.

I just returned from a trip where we had a car for the first time in a long time, and I wasn't that thrilled by driving. It sounds better in theory than in reality, imho. You hike out to your car, drive to the parks, have to park where you are shown, then have to wait for a shuttle unless you are very lucky and get to park very close. And you may not even get on the first shuttle, for which you have to play the cut in front of someone else game to even board.

lvsdisney

There is also the family suite at the All Star Music Resort which is much less than a suite at AoA. It has a kitchenette with fridge, microwave and coffee maker.

I also think the ASMu suite has one more sleeping surface compared to the AoA suite. A queen in the master, pull out "full bed" plus 2 smaller pull outs. Not sure if OP checked to see if there was availability there.

I just returned from a trip where we had a car for the first time in a long time, and I wasn't that thrilled by driving. It sounds better in theory than in reality, imho. You hike out to your car, drive to the parks, have to park where you are shown, then have to wait for a shuttle unless you are very lucky and get to park very close. And you may not even get on the first shuttle, for which you have to play the cut in front of someone else game to even board.

I hear ya. All of that sucks, but it was quicker for us to do it that way than to take the bus at Riverside the last time we stayed there; and the bus home was a nightmare! Maybe they're improved it since we stayed there ~5 years ago.

Dave B

Versus taking the buses? and waiting 45 min to an hour to get from resort to park entrance, man no Thank you, I will drive every time

Dave B

And driving home at the end of the nights is so much easier than waiting an hour to get on a bus at midnight, that sucks

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom