Changing Airlines?

Rcoaster809

I just booked a trip to Miami on Orbitz, and it has us changing airlines from US Airways to American Airlines in Orlando. Does anyone know what I have to do for this? Will I need to leave the terminal, get my bag from baggage claim and check in again? Or will the airlines transfer my bag on their own? I've never had to change airlines on the same trip like this before, so I am just curious. Thanks for the help!

TTATraveler

Rcoaster809 said:
I just booked a trip to Miami on Orbitz, and it has us changing airlines from US Airways to American Airlines in Orlando. Does anyone know what I have to do for this? Will I need to leave the terminal, get my bag from baggage claim and check in again? Or will the airlines transfer my bag on their own? I've never had to change airlines on the same trip like this before, so I am just curious. Thanks for the help!

If I am not mistaken, AA is in Terminal A in Orlando and US Air is in Terminal B. So, I think you are going to have to go through security again. Orlando is very easy to navigate and switching terminals basically means walking from one end of the main terminal to the other. Not sure about the luggage situation. My hunch is that you may have to handle the luugage situation since you are flying 2 different airlines which aren't codeshare partners.

Upvote 0

Rcoaster809

Original Poster
Thanks for the help. I have been to MCO many times, so the good thing is I will know where I'm going. It will be sad being in that airport and not going to WDW, but if I have to change terminals I guess I will have to stop at the Disney Store!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom