Changes to World Showcase: DestiNations Discovered tour

Mark P.

Original Poster
We had booked the DestiNations Discovered tour for our anniversary trip in July and two weeks ago received an approximately 25% refund back to our credit card with no explanation whatsoever. After calling in this morning and speaking to someone in "Enchanted Upcharges" (or was it "Enchanted Extras"?), I learned that they've removed lunch at the Rose & Crown Pub & Dining Room from the tour package, which used to be included. I was apparently supposed to get an email notifying me of the change and the impending refund, but - shockingly - that didn't happen. :rolleyes:

I was told that was the only deletion - the length and itinerary of the tour are the same, and it "now" includes an "exclusive Epcot experience" which I'm led to believe was at least anecdotally offered to tour guests in the past, which was reserved viewing for Illuminations: Reflections of Earth at the isola in the Italy pavilion.

christine7257

Interesting. Thanks for sharing. I’ve been interested in the tour but not excited about the lunch so this might be good news for me. I just looked and it appears they’ve updated the online description on the wdw site. 4.5 hour tour with snack. It says “exclusive Epcot festival experience.” I wonder the significance of “festival”, if any. They have one going most of the time but not all the time. I hope you’ll come back and share your experience!

Enchanted upcharges 😄

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
We had booked the DestiNations Discovered tour for our anniversary trip in July and two weeks ago received an approximately 25% refund back to our credit card with no explanation whatsoever. After calling in this morning and speaking to someone in "Enchanted Upcharges" (or was it "Enchanted Extras"?), I learned that they've removed lunch at the Rose & Crown Pub & Dining Room from the tour package, which used to be included. I was apparently supposed to get an email notifying me of the change and the impending refund, but - shockingly - that didn't happen. :rolleyes:

I was told that was the only deletion - the length and itinerary of the tour are the same, and it "now" includes an "exclusive Epcot experience" which I'm led to believe was at least anecdotally offered to tour guests in the past, which was reserved viewing for Illuminations: Reflections of Earth at the isola in the Italy pavilion.
Yeah the website is updated removing Rose and Crown. The description update appears to be this at the end... "This tour will also include an exclusive Epcot festival experience and a snack."

I hope you enjoy it. The wife and I might book it for our September trip.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member

Well that’s a bummer. I’m not sure the tour would be as enjoyable without the lunch component - irrespective of the lower price.

And yes, we were offered reserved viewing for IllumiNations as part of our tour in September.

Are you going to keep the reservation or not?

Mark P.

Original Poster
It says “exclusive Epcot festival experience.” I wonder the significance of “festival”, if any. They have one going most of the time but not all the time.
The cast member I spoke with over the phone was reading from her "talking points" and it didn't reference a festival (since I pointed out we'd be there in July during the handful of weeks without an Epcot festival [for now]) so she's pretty sure it's a typo on the website.

Are you going to keep the reservation or not?

We're definitely keeping it; I didn't care as much about the lunch add-on since we usually end up doing something counter service to save money, so this was actually a nice surprise. I'm more interested in geeking out behind the scenes like we did during Keys To The Kingdom, so I'm still just as excited!

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
The cast member I spoke with over the phone was reading from her "talking points" and it didn't reference a festival (since I pointed out we'd be there in July during the handful of weeks without an Epcot festival [for now]) so she's pretty sure it's a typo on the website.

We're definitely keeping it; I didn't care as much about the lunch add-on since we usually end up doing something counter service to save money, so this was actually a nice surprise. I'm more interested in geeking out behind the scenes like we did during Keys To The Kingdom, so I'm still just as excited!
It’s an enjoyable tour, but there was significantly less “behind the scenes” to geek out over as compared to KttK tour.

Enjoy.

Pics from the DestiNations Discovered Tour.
Heading into WS, we are spoiled by an almost completely empty park.

View attachment 314161View attachment 314162View attachment 314163View attachment 314164View attachment 314165View attachment 314166

Dave anderson

We also booked the tour. We received a call a couple of weeks ago regarding the change and promptly given a credit on the charge card. I’m happy with the lunch being removed as there are so many great places to dine in Epcot
This will be our second tour at wdw. We also went on the “keys to the kingdom “ tour.. it was fantastic. We also booked the “Marcelina to magic kingdom tour” this year. Looking forward to both

Sarahs152

Hi
Has anyone been on this tour since it was updated?
I was wondering about trying this tour and just wondered what the 'snack' was and what the festival experience is?

Mark P.

Original Poster
Hi
Has anyone been on this tour since it was updated?
I was wondering about trying this tour and just wondered what the 'snack' was and what the festival experience is?
We went on this tour three weeks ago. The snack was a fruit and cheese bowl that was offered during a 20-minute-ish break inside Biergarten, and the festival experience was a behind-the-scenes tour of the festival kitchen backstage.

Sarahs152

We went on this tour three weeks ago. The snack was a fruit and cheese bowl that was offered during a 20-minute-ish break inside Biergarten, and the festival experience was a behind-the-scenes tour of the festival kitchen backstage.

Thank you for your quick reply :)

Would you recommend the tour?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom