Changes to the Dining Plan for 2017

Dylan Ann

I don't know if it is standard, or not, but I was offered a salad instead of desert last time I ate at the Wave on the DDP..

I've read on blogs that certain places will let you substitute your dessert for soup, salad, or a fruit plate, but I haven't really seen anyone mentioning that they've actually experienced it. Your post gives me hope! While an appetizer would be great, I would be more than happy with the choice of a soup or even just a plain side salad before my meal. I'm not much of a dessert eater at all.

Wendy Pleakley

We were there for F&W last year, and we weren't really impressed with the snack offerings.. There were good flavors, but the portions were so small, it didn't seem worth it, even for a snack credit.

I rarely buy snacks such as popcorn or churros, so using credits to do F&W was a big money saver (was on free dining). You're probably right though, about the portion sizes making this change a downgrade. I'm still okay with it as I'd rather have a F&W snack than a Mickey ice cream bar.

If only they would allow a couple to take one appetizèr instead of 2 desserts.

Yes please. I still remember when I got the free DDP at a value resort, with appetizer and tip included. That was truly a deal. I don't need nor want dessert with every meal, this would allow for a reasonable amount of flexibility.

Courtney6682

Not sure if this is where I should be asking, but we've used the DDP a few times and are fans. How does it work at Via Napoli if we wanted to get a few pizzas?

pluto77

I definitely like this change for the regular plan. The quick service plan is a downgrade since they didn't replace the 2nd dessert with anything. For the regular plan, though, if you don't want to snack all day, you can make a pretty good breakfast or lunch using 2 snack credits, especially considering it still comes with the refillable mug (I was wondering about that). It makes it more flexible (I know, it used to come with 2 snacks with the desserts, but at least it's more flexible now).

MickeyMomV

I definitely like this change for the regular plan. The quick service plan is a downgrade since they didn't replace the 2nd dessert with anything. For the regular plan, though, if you don't want to snack all day, you can make a pretty good breakfast or lunch using 2 snack credits, especially considering it still comes with the refillable mug (I was wondering about that). It makes it more flexible (I know, it used to come with 2 snacks with the desserts, but at least it's more flexible now).
I was thinking the same thing! This opens things up for a quick breakfast in the morning. A pastry from Staring Rolls or Gastons or better yet the Beignets at POR just add a beverage and you are good to go till lunch. I like the change.

Mickey1984

Are there menu restrictions, for example if I eat at Jiko (using 2 credits) can I eat for example the filet mignon? Or are various bits of different menus not allowed?

imahistorygeek

Are there menu restrictions, for example if I eat at Jiko (using 2 credits) can I eat for example the filet mignon? Or are various bits of different menus not allowed?

Are you asking about the "enhancements"? If yes, then no, they are not part of the dining plan. Jiko enhancements are mac and cheese and lobster tail.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom