Changes to Streetmosphere at D/MGM

mkepcotmgmak

Original Poster
If you liked the group performances of Streetmosphere entertainers at D/MGM, then let Guest Relations know! They are only doing solo acts now.

imagineersrock

What!? Why!?

I don't see the point, why on earth would they take away the group performances? That is what streetmosphere does best. If this is true, you better believe Disney is gonna hear it from me.

mkepcotmgmak

Original Poster
imagineersrock said:
What!? Why!?

I don't see the point, why on earth would they take away the group performances? That is what streetmosphere does best. If this is true, you better believe Disney is gonna hear it from me.

thank you both! i feel that there should be an equal balance in time out on solo sets, and time out in group sets... just like it used to be.

Tigger1988

The group sets are great! Hilarious and they grab crowds..when I was there in mid Aug a whole mob of people were standing and watching them...and keeping the lines for ToT and RnRC short!

I like the solo sets while waiting for parades and such, its fun to be sitting there and have one of the actors come and do this whole improv thing with you..I love it

mkepcotmgmak

Original Poster
Tigger1988 said:
The group sets are great! Hilarious and they grab crowds..when I was there in mid Aug a whole mob of people were standing and watching them...and keeping the lines for ToT and RnRC short!

I like the solo sets while waiting for parades and such, its fun to be sitting there and have one of the actors come and do this whole improv thing with you..I love it

please e-mail wdw guest communications and let them know that's how you feel!

mailto:wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I honestly didn't think that many of them were funny or entertaining at all.. more like the dinoland chester/hester who came out with Luckey at first (some of the same actors i think too).

The loud obnoxious schitck i just don't find funny. If they can seperate them and weed out the really bad ones i'm kinda all for it.

obsessedw/wdw

Can anyone shed some light on why these changes were made? I mean, alot of really great people have seemed to disapear. At least Francis is still there for now... Pracilla Bratage/ Gabrielle Huntington was hosting Millionare last time I was there. And I heard Stone Granite was in Beauty and the Beast for a while (as Gaston). I'm just kinda wondering what is going on... seems like they had something pretty good going and the new Streetmosphere characters dont seem to be up to the talent level that they once had.

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!

mkepcotmgmak

Original Poster
Can anyone shed some light on why these changes were made? I mean, alot of really great people have seemed to disapear. At least Francis is still there for now... Pracilla Bratage/ Gabrielle Huntington was hosting Millionare last time I was there. And I heard Stone Granite was in Beauty and the Beast for a while (as Gaston). I'm just kinda wondering what is going on... seems like they had something pretty good going and the new Streetmosphere characters dont seem to be up to the talent level that they once had.

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!

Their equity contracts are up every February, and they basically have to re-audition to stay on board in an equity role, like Streetmo. That is why you don't see them out around the end of February, because they are in rehearsals. Disney also holds the option to move them to different areas, such as a the great Roman Holiday (who has had many different characters since MGM OPENED), he is now Guano Joe at Flights of Wonder at DAK. Many of them might move on to do Adventurer's or Comedy Club at PI, or HoopDeeDoo or somewhere else on property.... or, they may just lose their contract.

If you see them at MGM in other roles like seeing Lisa at Who Wants to be a Millionaire - she is probably doing Streetmo and hosting that show. Chelsea, who sometimes hosts LMAX also brings to life the incredibly funny Gracie Flutterbug, and other characters around MGM as a Streetmo CM.

Streetmo is probably my number one pick of things to do/watch while at MGM! I know many of them from working or visiting with them, and they are a GREAT group of actors!

obsessedw/wdw

Thank you so much. That answers alot of questions. I cant wait to see Roman Holiday playing Guano Joe! Yes I've noticed Gracie hosting LMAX and I also saw the Great HP host it once. Its cool to see people you "know" from streetmosphere in other areas. And yes Streetmosphere is indeed one of the best things to do!

JLW11Hi

The plumbers were my favorite. Also there was one guy who played a police officer who just looked hilarious. I really hope they dont cut down on this stuff. Seriously, if you dont like it, then just dont watch them! Simple as that. Just because you don't like something in particular at the parks doesn't mean you have to be against it. These guys really do enhance the atmosphere at MGM...it just wouldnt be the same without them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom