Changes to private dining hours at Walt Disney World Resort hotels

TrojanUSC

Yeah the Poly is an overpriced holiday Inn express which happens to have monorail access to the MK, As a resort it lacks many of the things it USED to have like poolside food and beverage service, a decent spa I could go on.

If I stay at the waldorf and want to go to the parks the front desk will get me a town car no it will not be 'free' but it will be there in minutes unlike disney transportation

Exactly. However, the Waldorf even has a nice bus service that takes you to the parks. The Four Seasons has a luxury bus that plays Disney movies. Also, it's 2017, I can take an Uber for a couple bucks and be there in a fraction of the time.

21stamps

Exactly. However, the Waldorf even has a nice bus service that takes you to the parks. The Four Seasons has a luxury bus that plays Disney movies. Also, it's 2017, I can take an Uber for a couple bucks and be there in a fraction of the time.

I don’t know if you’ve stayed at the Polynesian.. but “taking an Uber to MK” is not at all the same as waking up with a view of the castle, and then hopping on the launch to take you to the park.

The Four Seasons on Disney property is not my idea of a “Disney vacation”. It’s a stay at a Four Seasons and visiting the Disney parks.

Extremely different experiences.

Yeah the Poly is an overpriced holiday Inn express which happens to have monorail access to the MK, As a resort it lacks many of the things it USED to have like poolside food and beverage service, a decent spa I could go on.

If I stay at the waldorf and want to go to the parks the front desk will get me a town car no it will not be 'free' but it will be there in minutes unlike disney transportation

Not really. They don’t have pool servers, which I wish they did.. but they do have a bar right there.. where you can order food and drinks.

You have launch and monorail access to MK.
You have monorail access to Epcot.
You have walking distance to all of the restaurants at GF.
You have a beautiful running trail.
You also have a marina where you can rent a watercraft to explore 7 Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake.. a brief walk from your room.
You have tiki torch lighting outside.
Hula lessons in the lobby.
You can order room service and watch the MK Fireworks from your balcony.
You can also have a town car or taxi arranged to pick you up right out front.. arranged by the staff.
You also have live music outside in the evenings.
2 beaches on site.

I don’t know why you guys are skipping over all of that.

peter11435

None of those options will drop you off at the MK entrance.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
None of those options will drop you off at the MK entrance.

True but a non issue for me at least because since 2009 or so I always rented a car when the bus service could no longer handle the demand.

And for parking we usually walked from the car to the park as the tram loading was so slow. Usually we'ed beat the tram by a minute or so.

larandtra

Its still apples to oranges and until those arguing realize that, they will keep arguing believing they are right. Its a useless argument with people who keep moving the lines to suit their argument when it doesnt fit.

As far as bad CMs and management. I have not had many bad experiences with CMs and in my business dealings with the WDW company, Ive never had any issues other than they demand quality at a price thats hard to get to sometimes. But they negotiate well and I respect that. Have the parks changed? Absolutely. For the better? Not in every case. In some they have regressed. Do I think there are major changes coming? based on the people I deal with and their tone in the past 6 months. Yep. And massive ones which could halt the bad direction it has been trending towards. no company will ever make every correct decision. WDW needs to get back to noone noticing the bad ones because the good ones are so good. And Thats where I believe they are headed.

21stamps

True but a non issue for me at least because since 2009 or so I always rented a car when the bus service could no longer handle the demand.

And for parking we usually walked from the car to the park as the tram loading was so slow. Usually we'ed beat the tram by a minute or so.

You drove to the TTC, and then walked to MK?

That’s a bit of a difference than a quick boat ride or 1 or 2 monorail stops.

Pixieish

Its still apples to oranges and until those arguing realize that, they will keep arguing believing they are right. Its a useless argument with people who keep moving the lines to suit their argument when it doesnt fit.

As far as bad CMs and management. I have not had many bad experiences with CMs and in my business dealings with the WDW company, Ive never had any issues other than they demand quality at a price thats hard to get to sometimes. But they negotiate well and I respect that. Have the parks changed? Absolutely. For the better? Not in every case. In some they have regressed. Do I think there are major changes coming? based on the people I deal with and their tone in the past 6 months. Yep. And massive ones which could halt the bad direction it has been trending towards. no company will ever make every correct decision. WDW needs to get back to noone noticing the bad ones because the good ones are so good. And Thats where I believe they are headed.

I would be one ecstatic Disney fan if you're right. (I fell in love with Disney when I was 3 and thumbing through the original, uber-thick "Art of Walt Disney" book in 1975. Some of what I've been seeing has been heartbreaking.)

Pixieish

You drove to the TTC, and then walked to MK?

That’s a bit of a difference than a quick boat ride or 1 or 2 monorail stops.

Wait...how is that even possible? Do you mean that you skipped the tram to the Mono and boats?

For us, the many modes of transport are part of the fun.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

Couldn’t you just order a town Car to pick you up at the Poly? Or better yet, just use Uber? That’s not a service provided by the hotel.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Couldn’t you just order a town Car to pick you up at the Poly? Or better yet, just use Uber? That’s not a service provided by the hotel.

One can if one does it THEMSELVES
as opposed to the Waldorf where one calls the front desk says i'd like a car in 30 minutes, Car is charged to room and one tips the concierge on the way out to the waiting car.

It's the SERVICE which is lacking at WDW deluxe hotels.

21stamps

One can if one does it THEMSELVES
as opposed to the Waldorf where one calls the front desk says i'd like a car in 30 minutes, Car is charged to room and one tips the concierge on the way out to the waiting car.

It's the SERVICE which is lacking at WDW deluxe hotels.

Disney hotels will also get a car service for you. I’ve used them. Now I use Uber and get them myself, the same way I do when I’m staying at any luxury hotel now. Or I just rent a car

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Disney hotels will also get a car service for you. I’ve used them. Now I use Uber and get them myself, the same way I do when I’m staying at any luxury hotel now. Or I just rent a car

Maybe if you are club level and you have a concierge who was not wearing fur yesterday

21stamps

Amazingly enough one can walk from the TTC parking lot to the MK gate.

Yes, it’s physically possible, But you just spent a heck of a Portion of your morning by driving to the TTC then walking to the park. Convenience and time mean so much to me.I could never see the value or the sense in that for me personally.

21stamps

Maybe if you are club level and you have a concierge who was not wearing fur yesterday

I don’t stay club level at Disney., I have a couple of times.. but years ago and because those were adult only trips. It wasn’t the norm. Once in RPC, and I think once at BWI and once or twice at YC. I could care less about club level at Disney.. and most other resorts I’m not willing to pay for it. I will pay for a view.

21stamps

There is a walking path adjacent to the tram route. Now the last time i did this was back in 2015. With the security changes it may be off limits now.

How long did that take? I’d have to go back and check my photos to be sure.. but I think it was exactly 8minutes from our room at GF to the front gate at MK on our EMM morning.

I will give up poolside cocktail servers for that convenience.. all day long. Lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom