Changes for Galaxy's Edge Temporarily On Hold

Surferboy567

Given what a certain site just tweeted...are we sure that what @WDW Pro said is still “On Hold”? If real, (which I’m not saying it is given the source) it sounds remarkably similar to what Pro said regarding a famed mandolorian hunter Din

britain

Given what a certain site just tweeted...are we sure that what @WDW Pro said is still “On Hold”? If real, (which I’m not saying it is given the source) it sounds remarkably similar to what Pro said regarding a famed mandolorian hunter Din

I'm assuming it was anything of sizable budget (i.e. new attractions) that are on hold. A Mando walk-around with Baby Yoda in a backpack needn't be nixed.

Josh Hendy

I was hoping they build a new star tours along with a boat ride with the capacity of pirates
Even a simple ride like Peter Pan is severely underrated. No high tech in at all, not a single video screen or digital effect, yet the ride captures your imagination the moment that your ship sails out of the window.

So yeah ... a boat ride or omnimover with a great story and immersive sets and AAs would be very nice. Especially if they don't try to hit the effects out of the park and end up with months of frustrating teething pains.

A Noble Fish

As long as things are merely delayed, and the cuts are just operational, I don't see a seismic shift from a guest perspective. Crowds will be lower anyway due to fears about COVID-19 even if it takes a while to close/re-open the parks. I mean it makes sense from a business perspective. Yet, cutting the company's investment in the future would be insanely short-sided, and put a real damper on future growth. Potter opened amidst a recession and look how that turned out!

Speaking of the boy wizard, I wonder how Epic Universe is doing. You would think they would just ride it out, but now with Disney, I wonder if Comcast will make similar moves, or take advantage of Disney's growing complacency.

Last edited:

Josh Hendy

I wonder how Epic Universe is doing. You would think they would just ride it out, but now with Disney, I wonder if Comcast will make similar moves, or take advantage of this.
I was wondering that as well. In the absence of any press releases or leaks we may have to wait for the next aerial photos from BioReconstruct. Last ones showed lots of dirt being moved and a berm/hedge in place to screen construction from the nearest apartment blocks.

lazyboy97o

I was wondering that as well. In the absence of any press releases or leaks we may have to wait for the next aerial photos from BioReconstruct. Last ones showed lots of dirt being moved and a berm/hedge in place to screen construction from the nearest apartment blocks.
The park is still at the first moving phase. With the civil plans filed for some of the lands the site work will become more specific but still look like dirt being pushed around.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom