Changes Coming Sooner or Later ?

gonnichi

Original Poster
It appears that we will be finding out what will be happening with Avatarland and if anything is being planned for DHS during D23 in August. The rumored completion date for these are around 2017 and 2018.

Since Harry potter opened not much new has been built at WDW except interactive queues, meet and greets and interactive games, except for New Fantasyland. What can we expect between now 2013 and 2017, that's 4 1/2 years? anything new planned for the parks in these 4 years?

ThemeParks4Life

And here we go!

download

JordanNite

Why would it take 4 and a half years to build Avatar Land ? If the HP success at Universal shows, you don't have to take that long to build a world.

Hasn't it already been in pre-production for a few years now anyways.

Think alot depends on if James Cameron develops sequels to the film, or not.

But you'd think they would have other things ready.

litaljohn

I heard Disney was going to be building a stroller superhighway at each park..... wait, what's that? it's already a gridlock mess of strollers out there on the paths?
shoot, perhaps they will install interactive booths to make up a disease so you can tell people what you have as you skip to and from your chair. (seriously on my trip this year I watched a woman talk to her friends, get up with them, skip and beat the "normals" and slip bck to her chair a couple minutes before them. in true Disney magic she then made pretend that she was unable to move.)

GoofGoof

Premium Member
If they really green light Cars Land and/or MI coaster for DHS one or both should be done before 2017. If they broke ground tomorrow they could be done as early as Christmas 2015 or more likely Spring 2016. 2.5 to 3 years seems plausible for a clone of a land when the original took 3 years to build. Who knows when/if Avatar happens. I kinda wish they would just decide, even if its a no go because I'm sick of hearing about it.

What I can almost guarantee between now and 2017 is Grand Floridian DVC, Poly DVC and another cruise ship. TWDC knows what butters it's bread and DVC and DCL are the big bread winners right now, love em or hate em.

luv

If they really green light Cars Land and/or MI coaster for DHS one or both should be done before 2017. If they broke ground tomorrow they could be done as early as Christmas 2015 or more likely Spring 2016. 2.5 to 3 years seems plausible for a clone of a land when the original took 3 years to build. Who knows when/if Avatar happens. I kinda wish they would just decide, even if its a no go because I'm sick of hearing about it.

What I can almost guarantee between now and 2017 is Grand Floridian DVC, Poly DVC and another cruise ship. TWDC knows what butters it's bread and DVC and DCL are the big bread winners right now, love em or hate em.
As long as it keeps selling, Disney will continue to build timeshare. It's about the only thing they consistently manage to do.

I don't want Avatarland and prefer to not hear that it's coming, even though it seems like it is. :(

Skippy's Pal

Why would it take 4 and a half years to build Avatar Land ? If the HP success at Universal shows, you don't have to take that long to build a world.

Hasn't it already been in pre-production for a few years now anyways.

Think alot depends on if James Cameron develops sequels to the film, or not.

But you'd think they would have other things ready.

It's almost like if they take long enough in construction, someone will pull the plug on Avatar, and they can re-purpose the building / land for something else. Just a thought. But it's crazy to think that Avatar is taking longer than the Manhattan Project.

Kirk88

turns out if you want to survive an atomic bomb all you need is a refrigerator..... ughhhh

Maybe this could be the idea for the Indy attraction everyone wants! LOL :D D23 should be interesting to say the least. It seemed that last year's was fairly uneventful. We're due for big news...I hope.

Hot Lava

I hope what we hear is that they are scrapping Avatarland for something else - ANYTHING else! I absolutely hate the Avatar idea. Especially since they now own SW, a SWland would be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better.
Not to mention a nice tie to the SWW.

Also could would be a Pixarland, at the very least MI or Cars.

But Avatar - blech!

cheezbat

The sad reality is we as fans are all dying for a big addition...any addition. While Avatarland isn't ideal to many, it's something. Yet fans are aggravated because we're most likely getting the cheapo version if it ever gets built. The timeframe was for a 2015 opening...now, who knows? 2017? 2018? What are we getting from 2014-on? Right now the only guaranteed project is the completion of the 7 Dwarf mine train next year. There's nothing else...fanboys are dying of new attraction dehydration....heck, they havent even given us any Avatarland concept art! We need SOMETHING to be hopeful for.

If nothing is announced at D23 this year, I see some backlash coming in the next few years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom