Change what you want to Spaceship Earth but don't change ...

JTT

Original Poster
Change what you want to Spaceship Earth but don't change Thank the Phoenicians.

I don't want to ride if I can't Thank the Phoenicians.

Also if it changes, what am I going to do with all my Thank the Phoenicians t-shirts, hat and bumper sticker. :confused:

Minthorne

1582915168223.png

1582915239587.png

mf1972

my wife & i always likes the view of earth when u got to the top of the ride, before descending backwards. the music made it nice as well.

dsmith51

Change the way Dame Judi says "mathmatics". It's "mathEmatics"! But she may be gone in the refurb anyway, so it's not so much of a big deal now. :)

InnKpr

Change what you want to Spaceship Earth but don't change Thank the Phoenicians.

I don't want to ride if I can't Thank the Phoenicians.

Also if it changes, what am I going to do with all my Thank the Phoenicians t-shirts, hat and bumper sticker. :confused:
I agree. "Thank The Phoenicians" has become embedded in the Disney fan community over the years, and feels totally necessary. Perhaps they could make the rhetoric surrounding that now famous line so that it's not as childish (change the "Remember how easy it was to learn your ABC's" into something more sophisticated). But keep the "Thank The Phoenicians" line intact for future generations of park goers to appreciate it's glory.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Ok I'm shooting for the obscure that only someone who has been in the army from the 1950's until the early 90's would identify. There's a TT-98 Teletype thats just plain nostalgic to Army Signal Corps folks. Pre-internet long haul printed wireless communication.

1583022689936.png

disney4life2008

I am strongly concerned. Disney does not have a good track record with refurbs. They truly know how to mess things up. With that said, we do not need any family/or person of the future that alludes to LGBT. Get rid of Judi Dench. And get rid of the entire scene after the family watching liftoff. Except for the black audio anamatronic. Keep every thing else, it just needs to be refreshed.

awoogala

Put it back to what it used to be either 2- 3 refurbs ago? (I hate the Judy Dench script-not her, but the script is awful). Put the nudity back in the artwork, because that censoring was ridiculous. Heck, I'd rather have the space scene back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom