change wdwcp from fall 2010 to fall advantage 2010

khotte

Original Poster
anyone know if this is possible? I told the interviewer that I wanted Fall advantage 2010 but I just accepted today and my arrival date is 9/01/10. Is there any way to get this changed because I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted to be down there for a full 7 months rather than 4. Obviously i am ecstatic to even be down there for 4 months but I wish it could be longer.

joanna71985

You would have to contact recruiting, but it all depends on availability. I know someone who recently tried to switch, and was not able to.

khotte

Original Poster
thanks...i did contact recruiting today and they told me that no spots were available but that she put my name on a list in case someone declined an offer. she said if i didn't hear from her by next friday to give her a call...now i get to wait again...lol

SinginSarah

Usually you can extend your program a month or two before it's supposed to be up. I'm not sure if it works in all departments, but in costuming at DAK everyone who wanted to extend got to, so most had a May departure and extended until August.

So even if you're not able to switch right now, don't give up because they'll probably offer an extension, you just have to be free from any disciplinary action. My roommate (she worked F&B at Cindy's Royal Table) actually extended in August to stay until January, so she stayed a full year as a CP.

khotte

Original Poster
they would be ok except i don't really want to miss two semesters of school in a row....I would LOVE to go down in may and stay until january and only miss one semester

britt5678

Well if you don't get it changed, you'll be getting there the same day as me!! I'm super excited, but super nervous. It seems sooo far away!

emporiumgirl06

I was originally fall advantage but i had to change to fall due to circumstances with family... It is possible to change but you have to do it early. On my last program I was acccepted to extend. Unless your record card sucks majorly, they usually do let you extend. and the early part of the Year aka Jan-May is the best time to be in WDW, cause NO LINES! :)

khotte

Original Poster
well i called about 5 times to try and get it changed but they kept saying that they were full so i have my original arrival date of sept 1st!

britt5678 what is your role? or you can just find me on facebook to talk there so we dont bog down the forums...:) facebook.com/kylehotte

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom