Change resorts

BOOMitsGeorgia

Original Poster
I was originally meant to be staying at CSR but due to getting time off work, i've had to change my dates to a day earlier. Annoying thing is that they only had king rooms which were more expensive so to stay at the price I was at I had to change to CBR. I've heard mixed reviews about this resort so was wondering what its like.

The Mighty Tim

CBR is quite a big resort, so depending on where you stay, you could be faced with a long walk to the main food court area at Old Port Royale. There are also a number of bus stops scattered across the resort for transportation to the parks etc, and if I remember correctly, the resort lays on it's own internal transportation system too.

It is quite a nice resort though.

There are probably people with more experience and knowledge of the resort. I only stayed there once in September 2015.

Greg H

We only ever stayed there once as well (October 2015) but are returning there this December. We stayed once at CSR in the fall of 2014. So take the below observations as a pretty limited data set! I think both have their strengths and weaknesses, but personally I don't think you would go wrong with either. As mentioned above, CBR is a large resort and the bus system can be a bit of a pain depending on where you are getting on and off and how busy the resort is. To be honest though, I found this was similar at CSR. The theming at CBR is pretty excellent. The main pool is really nice. In fact, I think it is probably one of the nicest pools at Disney. We found a good selection of food at CBR although I do think there are more options at CSR. I thought our room at CBR was nicer then the room we had at CSR. The room at CBR had a pull down bed (in addition to 2 queens) that my children enjoyed playing on and the room seemed more updated and cleaner then what we had at CSR. Hope this helps.

NonnaT

CBR lover here! So my response is very biased toward CBR!
We've stayed at both, after a friend raved about CSR. We then returned "home" to CBR.
Love the theme of the Caribbean, we have never stayed preferred and always got our request of Aruba 51, 52, or Jamaica 45. Short walk across the bridge to OPR (longest is 6 minutes) and the pool and food court.
Shutters is a surprising hidden gem (no lie) and there is no additional upcharge on the counter service as there is at the Pepper Market at CSR. And we genuinely like the pool.better at CBR, although the slide at The Dig IS nicer.
We always feel that even though the resort is spread out, (maybe because it is?) We never feel crowded there.
it really boils down to personal taste. We have never had a bad experience there.

Johnguelff

I will say this. CBR is my second favorite behind the poly. Which I'm usually too cheap too splurge on. While at CBR in May however, we had to move rooms as our was "filthy" for Disney standards. Had to make several calls to the head of mousekeeping, who then accused me of lying to get a better room. I was only trying to get a clean room, not an upgrade. fun stuff

As one of the other posters said its a matter of preference. I enjoy both resorts but a real draw back for me is the large nature of the grounds at CBR, but again that is preference. I have two little girls so getting to the room quick at nap time is a plus for me. That being said CBR does have very detailed theming and is an enjoyable place to stay. You really cannot go wrong with a Disney resort. If being spread out is not an issue for you then I'd say go for it.

CaptainAmerica

As one of the other posters said its a matter of preference. I enjoy both resorts but a real draw back for me is the large nature of the grounds at CBR, but again that is preference. I have two little girls so getting to the room quick at nap time is a plus for me. That being said CBR does have very detailed theming and is an enjoyable place to stay. You really cannot go wrong with a Disney resort. If being spread out is not an issue for you then I'd say go for it.
Coronado Springs doesn't solve that problem unless you're paying for a preferred room. Coronado, CBR, and Riverside are all enormous.

DisneyAubs

Both resorts are quite large and have an internal bus system or you will have to walk awhile if not in a preferred building. So, in my opinion, it really does come down to a matter of theme preference. I think the decor at CSR seems more upscale, and there are more "adult" areas, like Rix Lounge. On the other hand, the CBR rooms have had the most recent refurbishment. I really think you will enjoy either!

AndrewsJ

After staying in other moderates I resigned myself to never stay at CBR again. I live in Florida so the themeing does nothing for me and it just a feels hot to me. I'm sure it's just all in my head but when I stay in a Disney resort I want to feel as far away from Florida as possible. I know the resort is Caribbean themed not Florida but it's similar. It also just feels old and not as well maintained. Every time I've stayed at CBR I've had several issues in the room and most of the time could only be corrected by a room change that presented its own set of problems. Just my opinion and experience. The resort is a big part of vacation for me though and I want to be taken away and feel like I'm in a totally different place.

NonnaT

After staying in other moderates I resigned myself to never stay at CBR again. I live in Florida so the themeing does nothing for me and it just a feels hot to me. I'm sure it's just all in my head but when I stay in a Disney resort I want to feel as far away from Florida as possible. I know the resort is Caribbean themed not Florida but it's similar. It also just feels old and not as well maintained. Every time I've stayed at CBR I've had several issues in the room and most of the time could only be corrected by a room change that presented its own set of problems. Just my opinion and experience. The resort is a big part of vacation for me though and I want to be taken away and feel like I'm in a totally different place.
That's so funny! That is the reason we choose CBR, for the tropical vibe! lol!
Those are the very same reasons I don't want to stay at WL, FW, or AKL.
I WANT to be in Florida and not the Pacific Northwest, etc...
Different strokes for different folks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom