Change of hours for week of August 6?

PixiePrincess

I just found out that Disney has changed there park hours for the week of August 6. The website has posted the change as well. Could this mean fewer crowds? Or would this be common practice?

PixiePrincess

Original Poster
suzie said:
I'm very interested in the changes, what are they.

Normally the parks begin to close earlier the 3rd week of August. When I orginally planned my trip for August 6-12, the parks were closing at 11. I recently checked the operating hours and they are now changed. Closing earlier.

Upvote 0

PixiePrincess

Original Poster
suzie said:
I'll be at Disney from the 10th of August to the 15th. Thanks for letting me know this.

No problem, you can go to the Walt Disney World website and get the updated hours for all the parks. (You probably already know that, but just in case)

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
A change of hours this close (3 months out is another story, that's when hours "finalize" as far as ops schedules are concerned) suggests a slump in resort sales and travel as far as Disney knows.

Upvote 0

PixiePrincess

Original Poster
mousermerf said:
A change of hours this close (3 months out is another story, that's when hours "finalize" as far as ops schedules are concerned) suggests a slump in resort sales and travel as far as Disney knows.

Hmmm, then maybe it's a good thing for us! Lol

Upvote 0

PixiePrincess

Original Poster
mousermerf said:
Think of it this way, this week and most of this month, MK has had 11pm closings. Many of the resorts are at or near 100% occupancy.

Well every little bit helps, lol. I don't really care about the crowds, I'm more concerned about the heat! It will be HOT. That much I know will not change! Thanks for the info!

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

MK hours are changed from 2300 closing to 2200 - Wishes and SpectroMagic have been brought forward by an hour.

MGM is also showing an earlier close (2200) for the 7th - yet they're still posting Fantasmic as running at 2230 :hammer:

Upvote 0

MarkeyMouse

Thank You

Thanks to all of you, I'm leaving the 4th for North carolina for family thing then to Florida for the 13th -20th , I won't have my computer and would not have had a chance to double check the times for the closings and parades. Now I will. Thanks again to you all. :wave:

Upvote 0

GenerationX

Thanks for the heads-up, PixiePrincess. In addition to the reduced MK hours, they cut 30 minutes off of Disney-MGM on the 7th but added a full hour on the 9th.

Upvote 0

PixiePrincess

Original Poster
GenerationX said:
Thanks for the heads-up, PixiePrincess. In addition to the reduced MK hours, they cut 30 minutes off of Disney-MGM on the 7th but added a full hour on the 9th.

Huh! I didn't realize that, odd don't you think?

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Disney is having a brain storm :hammer:

MGM (as we already know) is closing an hour earlier on the 7th - Fantasmic is still shown as running at 2230 hrs AND when you look at the calendar pages the 7th is shown as an EMH day. Check the EMH page and the 7th is shown as EMH for AK NOT MGM.

Come on Disney - Get your act together :brick:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom