Change in Candlelight Procesional Package Restaurants/Pricing Changes

NMBCSally

Original Poster
We have a stay booked for this upcoming Christmas and received the following email from the concierge planner today. Thought it might be of interest, since there are a lot of new restaurants and a lot that of old ones not on the list (we were hoping for Biergarten).
Aloha,

The restaurants that are participating in the Candlelight Processional
dinner package was released today. Unfortunately the location you have
requested is not on the list. The dinner package will become available
to book on July 26th. Please look at the list below and let us know an
alternate location where you would like to dine. Also keep in mind that
all locations and entertainment are subject to change.

Adult / Child
Nine Dragons
Lunch $38.99 / $12.99
Dinner $49.99 / $15.99

Marrakesh
Lunch $38.99 / $12.99
Dinner $49.99 / $15.99

San Angel
Lunch $38.99 / $12.99
Dinner $49.99 / $15.99

Via Napoli
Lunch $38.99 / $12.99
Dinner $49.99 / $15.99

Chefs de France
Lunch $51.99 / $13.99
Dinner $64.99 /$17.99

Tokyo Dining
Lunch $51.99 / $13.99
Dinner $64.99 / $17.99

Teppan Edo
Lunch $51.99 / $13.99
Dinner $64.99 / $17.99

Tutto Italia
Lunch $51.99 / $13.99
Dinner $64.99 / $17.99

La Hacienda
Dinner $64.99 / $17.99

Mahalo,

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Wow, quite a jump in price from last year. I wonder how many people will just opt to stand in line now...
It should be an interesting year. They have pretty much sold out every show with the dining package for the last few years making waiting in standby all but pointless. You would think that the ever inflating price would eventually tip the scales. Maybe this year is the year.

menamechris

Wierd that the hacienda de san angel is more expensive then the san angel inn:shrug:

I personally think the quality of food is much better at hacienda de san angel. Plus, its new so maybe they think people will be more likely to want to try it. I am just shocked that the price for one person at Via Napoli is the almost the same price as the largest pizza they have.

aladdin2007

Why no Germany, Canada, or UK? Maybe so there is dining available for regular guests who dont do the package? It seems like they would need every dining location they can get for these packages since its so crowded every year.

Nemo14

Actually, I think the lunch prices are about the same as last year's, and the dinner packages are not that much more if I remember correctly. :shrug:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Why no Germany, Canada, or UK? Maybe so there is dining available for regular guests who dont do the package? It seems like they would need every dining location they can get for these packages since its so crowded every year.
In the case of Le Cellier it is probably because it is now a signature restaurant.

mickeysaver

:eek: Well, this kinda stinks. I finally become a FL resident with the ability to go see as many or as few presenters as I would like and they jack the prices up to the ceiling so that even folks that I was super excited to see have lost their luster. :rolleyes: I refuse to do CP without the dining option, so I am guessing that we will put all of our eggs in the Marlee Matlin basket this year. I hate to miss Whoopi, Neil Patrick Harris, and Michael W. Smith, but I am not made out of money. Maybe another year I will be able to catch them. :shrug:

aladdin2007

The lunch price package isnt all that bad considering you get an appetizer and meal and dessert and reserved seating, but the 50 and 64 bucks no thank you. Not unless Walt himself was going to be doing the narrating. If only right. :)

Its still so much cheaper to just do a regular reservation where you want and use the dining plan or in my case tables in wonderland, and then deal with the standby, as no fun and crazy as it can be. But its nice theres an alternate reserved packaged for those who want the reserved seating and all. We use to love it when Norway was part of it, it was so Christmasy and nice. Those days are over. :brick:

Pioneer Hall

I could be wrong here, but it looks like the only restaurants participating this year are the non-disney owned. Out of the restaurants in World Showcase, I believe that Biergarten, Rose and Crown, and Le Cellier are Disney owned and operated. I wonder if the participants wanted something like this knowing how lucrative these packages are.

MickeyTigg

I could be wrong here, but it looks like the only restaurants participating this year are the non-disney owned. Out of the restaurants in World Showcase, I believe that Biergarten, Rose and Crown, and Le Cellier are Disney owned and operated. I wonder if the participants wanted something like this knowing how lucrative these packages are.

I don't know about Rose & Crown and Biergarten, but I was told by Disney Dining that Le Cellier is not Disney owned.

wvdisneyfamily

So I'm trying to book Rose and Crown for dinner on December 29th. The system says there are no tables. Does this mean it's part of the CP dining package? I've not seen it listed as part of it for 2011 anywhere.

wvdisneyfamily

I solved my R&C problem this morning. I got a reservation for dinner on the 29th of December. The CM didn't say anything as to whether or not the R&C would be part of the CP this year. There was only one time available for dinner. It's perfect for Illuminations. :)

menamechris

Well, I could be completely off-base here, but the restaurants being offered this year seem to be the ones I have always assumed aren't as popular. I wonder if this is an attempt to boost sales for them. Of course, La Hacienda seems rather popular, but they do have to pay for it now, right? And you saw its prices... :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom