Change free dining resort?

daisyduckie

Original Poster
Does Disney allow you to change resorts when you have free dining, even after the promotion has ended?

I have a few family members that are now thinking about going to Disney World with me, but we would want to switch to a family suite if it is at all possible. Do they allow resort changes with free dining even after the end of the promotion?

stevehousse

I think it all depends on availability...I do know there is an additional charge to change anything within 45 days of travel...

dreamfinder

If the promo is over, free dining will almost definitely not carry over to a new booking. Much like a sale at a grocery store, you cannot go back the week after the sale is over and buy another dozen bottles of soda at the sale price. You can make changes to the existing booking as long as you don't modify the room type, but that's about it. It can't hurt to call and ask, but I would be very surprised if it carried over. As the PP pointed out, if you do make changes within 45 days of travel on a booked package, you will be charged a change fee until the new package price is more than the old package price.

mitchk

I have the free dining in nov at all star movies. I was booking a vacation last month for my wife's friend. I told the cm I needed a room at all star music, since free dining is not available at all star movies for the general public. The cm told me that since I have reservations already I can add up to 2 more rooms on my res. Now, I have never heard this before, but I was able to get them a room at all star movies with free dining. It's worth a call.

dreamfinder

I have the free dining in nov at all star movies. I was booking a vacation last month for my wife's friend. I told the cm I needed a room at all star music, since free dining is not available at all star movies for the general public. The cm told me that since I have reservations already I can add up to 2 more rooms on my res. Now, I have never heard this before, but I was able to get them a room at all star movies with free dining. It's worth a call.

Most PIN/targeted discounts are good for up to 3 rooms. But in your case, what was the expiration on your original discount offer? If it was still valid, then they would have had no problems adding other rooms if ones were available under the terms of your promo.

mitchk

I didn't get a expiration date. I had called costumer services to ask when and if they were giving us here in the United States free dining. She called me back 3days later and said she applied a pin for our room. That had to be in like April I think.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom