Chances Pirates Land Makes it to USA

CarlFredricksen

Original Poster
Today @D23 Expo, they announced the first ever Pirates Land, including an e-ticket attraction, will be heading to Shanghai

https://d23.com/see-concept-art-shanghai-disneylands-treasure-cove/

What do you think are the chances this makes it to Disney World? Where would it fit? Would you even want it?

As a fan of the ride at MK, and movie franchise, I think if they added it to WDW, it would need to be in MK behind the current Pirates, or maybe DHS if they added a lot of water. It seems like an incredible concept, however worry about theming.

Cmdr_Crimson

About as much of a chance of getting the PoTC Water park that was in the works...
PirateWaterAdvSMALL.jpg

Probably Never....

Have to agree. I don't think we'll ever see this stateside. It's not that I don't want it; I'd love it. Pirates is a multiple must-do whenever I go. I feel like the big issues would be there isn't a really good place for it, and that TDO most likely deems it too great an expense with not enough of a return.

Last edited:

The Empress Lilly

I prefer a fully restored MK Caribbean Plaza over that Pirates Land anyway.

Pirates are a lifestyle, not a destination. The way I prefer New Orleans or Liberty Square over Grim Grinning Ghosts Land.

Pirates is an IP franchise too, which clashes with the general themes of the other lands. Well, two IPs, and the movie one is well past its expiration date. Junkie Depp is so last decade.

Sped2424

Man the way that fort is inspired by El Morro really makes me smile, in fact that whole land kinda reminds of Old San Juan. While I know its out of the question if we were ever graced with an area like that I think it would be my favorite, it would remind me of my second home.

cheezbat

Looks great. Wish we still saw those kind of immersive environments, new state of the art rides, and elaborate themeing at WDW.

Shanghai is going to be a beautiful park. Just like Disneyland Paris and Tokyo Disneysea.

EpcoTim

According to Vegasinsider.com the odds of anything even remotely like this happening at Walt Disney World are 93:1

Last edited:

taz0162

There wasn't any spinning rides depicted in the Pirates land so I would say NO, Ex: Dumbo, Magic Carpets, Triceratops Spin, etc.

But in reality I think we could see an expansion of Adventureland (Longer Jungle cruise around Swiss Family Tree) . or elimination of the Swiss Family treehouse all together along with removal of magic carpets for room a new ride all together.

WDWDad13

tom sawyer island would be a good spot for a treasure island/pirate themed "stuff" .... but not exactly in the best location

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom