Chances of receiving a PIN code for a trip that is already booked and paid off

Mikester71

So I was out with my buddy on the weekend and he informs me that he received an email from Disney with PIN codes for some pretty decent savings on a WDW vacation package through most of next year. I realize that there is already a general public PIN out there now that I was able to take advantage of (and did) for my March Spring Break trip, but the savings he was offered in the email were WAY better!! I know...I should just be happy that I was able to get any kind of discount, period! But I used to receive PIN codes on a regular basis with my Disney Destinations emails and such and that seems to have all but stopped recently. The funny thing is the PIN he received in the email includes our dates FINALLY, and here this is the time Disney doesn't send me any!! :brick:

My question is...does anyone know if WDW keeps tabs on our future trips and adjusts our emails with PIN's and that accordingly? The reason I ask is because my buddy has been to WDW a few more times than me the past 5 years, but he hasn't been in a while. When he does go, he usually plans and books it a few months out. He wasn't planning on going any time soon, but said this latest email offer might just be too good to pass up. Now I, on the other hand, have been going every second March since back in 2005 and usually book and put a deposit on our room a year out. Am I eliminating myself from the loop of getting any PIN offers for my time frame due to me pretty much committing to a WDW vacation early on by putting the deposit down and all?:shrug:

DisneyJoe

A few months ago, I booked a trip for a friend's brother, we'll call him Mike. Mike is a Disney fan, and joins everything that he can that is Disney, has a Disney VISA, is part of the Disney video club, etc, but never received any special offers for trips.

He booked his trip with me in September for early May 2011 at rack rate, as his dates fell during the black out dates for Free Dining.

In October, he received a PIN code that gave him about 10% off, but it didn't start until his second day of travel; so we booked the first night as a room only and the rest of the trip with the PIN. He was very happy.

In November, he received a different and better PIN code! that gave him 25% off, so I called and changed his reservation to that offer. He was even happier.

Personally, I don't find any rhyme or reason to how Disney offers the PIN codes.

Upvote 0

ddbowdoin

I saved 35% off my room at The Beach Club directly from Disney... I've never stayed on site, and have been to the World 5 times prior to my upcoming trip this March...

one day, came home and there was something in the mail... a small package, hey... save 35% off your home, thank you very much.

Upvote 0

Mikester71

Original Poster
Am hoping this is the case with me too guys. Like I said, the trip is booked and paid completely off and we were going, discount or not. But a NICE discount would really help us out right now. I applied the one that came out a few weeks ago and it basically saved us around $150. But when my buddy gave me the details of the email he received from Disney on the weekend, I realized that there were A LOT more savings that could be had if I am fortunate enough to receive the same PIN.

Oh well...one can only hope! :hammer:

Upvote 0

ddbowdoin

Am hoping this is the case with me too guys. Like I said, the trip is booked and paid completely off and we were going, discount or not. But a NICE discount would really help us out right now. I applied the one that came out a few weeks ago and it basically saved us around $150. But when my buddy gave me the details of the email he received from Disney on the weekend, I realized that there were A LOT more savings that could be had if I am fortunate enough to receive the same PIN.

Oh well...one can only hope! :hammer:

I feel bad, like I didnt deserve it... I've never given Disney much money beyond park admission. I bring my own food, bring refillable bottles... I was surprised.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom