Chance Wonders of Life reopens?

lightningtap347

Original Poster
Based on the upcoming success of the Pixar film Inside Out, do you think we can see a re imagining of the pavilion or some of the rides? Although there are no more simulators in Body Wars, all the structures for Cranium Command are still intact, but unable to run due to lack of maintenance. Would an update of these attractions and pavilion become a focal point of that area of EPCOT, or is it still more important to leave it as a Food and Wine festival center?

Sources:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cranium_Command
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonders_of_Life
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_Wars

copcarguyp71

Sadly the chances are probably zero. The carcass has been getting picked clean for years in that building. That along with using a movie not yet proven at the box office would make me say no. From a personal perspective I would rather not see any movie related pavilions or overlays in EPCOT.

raven

What rides? Those areas have been completely gutted and repurposed. Cranium Command theater may be intact but the queues and preshow areas are completely changed now for staging ares for F&G and F&W.

Disney is planning on keeping this pavilion exactly the way it is right now.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
Chances of WoL reopening: 1*10^-11%
As much as I'd love to see it reopen as I never saw it live, it's never going to happen especially due to sponsorship agreements from the two festivals at Epcot. That combined with the need for the pavilion itself desperately needing its own sponsor, I see little chance. Quite a shame since Epcot needs this pavilion more now than it ever did from 1989-2007.

KDM31091

The "current" attractions will never reopen. Definitely not Body Wars as from what I understand it's basically gutted. Cranium Command's actual theater is still intact, but the queue is not, although that would be easy enough to change.

They aren't going to reopen the pavilion when it has basically one attraction left semi-intact -- they'd have to start over. The pavilion as it was is gone forever, which is a darn shame. I do agree that it should reopen as some type of attraction space though instead of a festival building that isn't used full time. Get a sponsor in there (or don't -- Disney has enough money, let's not kid ourselves) and reimagine the health and wellness theme. It could be great if done in a modern, fresh way -- people are becoming more health conscious anyway.

Last edited:

raven

The building also has some engineering issues as well. The rooms for the old BW simulators rooms are also storage areas for FW East attractions as well (Test Track and UoE parts).

kkokes

I think it may have a chance to open up if they the new Inside Out movies does well. They could re-theme it to go with that like Frozen, Nemo, etc.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

They should turn Wonders of life into a gig Space Pavilion using the dome as a planetarium with many interactive features, add a dark ride and relocate the simulators, Make a Wonders of Life section in Innoventions since they have nothing good to put in there, THEN PUT HORIZONS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

Brer Panther

Wasn't there a rumor that they would be replacing the Imagination ride with a new version where Figment teams up with the cast of Inside Out?

RogueKnite

I think you have to look at WOL much like other defunct Disney attractions that laid dormant for long periods of time. The prime examples being 20K & Horizons.
Long after 20K had been demolished, the land always had a purpose, on overhaul for Fantasyland, its spot "in line" was always in flux though. Same with Horizons/Mission Space, it was fast tracked once all other attractions on that side of FW East were dealt with. Imagineering always had an idea for what they wanted to replace each attraction with, it was just a matter of allocating time & resources to allow those plans to come to fruition.
At this time, it seems Epcot mgmt is content w/ the niche the building is catering to. So until something changes, F&W loses steam or INSIDE OUT grosses a billion dollars, it looks like a new health & wellness pavillion is nowhere in sight, unfortunately.

I know what can go in the WOL pavilion! Frozen!!!!!:) Yeah, they can make it arendelle and retheme future world to Frozen land!!!! Then figment can become Olaf summer land!!!! And soarin can be soarin over arendellee!!! Yesssss!!!!! I looooovvvee frozen! It will never get old!:):)

I'm sorry my sarcasm levels were high there....
It's a real shame of what Epcot and HWS have become. Really though, I think we should drop all the ips and do something original.:/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom