Centralized Fast Pass?

Raychul

Original Poster
First off. sorry if this is in the wrong place...I am not quite sure where to post it.

I have been reading a lot of people's trip reports and I keep hearing about a "centralized Fast Pass". What I can sorta figure out is it is an area where park goers can get Fast Passes for all of the FP rides, all bundled into one area instead at each individual ride. My questions are:

1. Can you get more than 1 Fast Pass at a time?

2. If you cannot get more than one at a time, then what is the good from a centralized Fast Pass area? It would be a pain in the butt if someone goes to ride on a ride just to find that the line is too long; so they decide to get a Fast Pass for it instead, only to find that the centralized Fast Pass area is all the way on the other side of the park. Isn't it just more convenient and easier to keep each rides Fast Pass distribution area with that particular ride, for those particular situations?

3. Is Animal Kingdom the only park that is using the centralized Fast Pass area right now? Is it still in testing mode or are the other parks going to be doing it soon as well?

Sorry. :) I just have lots of questions. :wave: Thanks for any help!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
It is being tested at AK. They have Dinosaur, Safaris and Everest FPs available. Unlike the FPs from the ride location, you can get one of each every hour at the central distribution, instead of one when your current FP expires or two hours later, whichever comes first. Some CMs were telling people, others said "you can try" with a litle grin and one was telling folks only one at a time would work.

We took advantage of this last week and in the course of one day at AK we had and used five Everest, five Dinosaur and four Safari FPs [we rode Safari five times, but when the parade was on they were letting everyone through the FP line so we didn't use any that time]. We also rode Everest twice stand-by, so we managed 17 rides between those three attractions as well as a couple of turns on Primeval Whirl. :king:

We gave the two extra FPs for Safari to a couple who hadn't been on yet and didn't have FPs when the stand-by was over 60. :D [Though we tried to give them to four other couples that didn't want them and looked at me like I was up to something nefarious :shrug:]

EDIT: Sorry missed this: Yes, you can still get FPs at the attraction itself if you are there [unless you already got one from the central in the last two hours]

stan30k

This is the first that I have heard of this centralized Fast Pass. Where is it located in AK? We are going in about a month and would love to use it.

WDW 3

I can see where it would be good and bad:veryconfu
What about DHS where it is difficult to get TSM fast passes.

Raychul

Original Poster
Does anyone know if the day's supply of FPs runs out more quickly with the Centralized distribution?

Yeah, I would think they would run out quickly too. Maybe people stocking up on FP's just to have them just in case but then never using them. I think by making guests go to each ride it in some way forces them to commit to their FP more so than making it so easy for them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom