Celebrity Leave A Legacy

It still is hard for me to get used to seeing them at Epcot. It's like every time I walk in and see them there I feel that same "What were they thinking?!" feeling all over again. Fine idea if you just put them somewhere else. Anywhere else! But right when you first walk into the park? Horrible. I wonder who's bright idea this was? :drevil:

Miss Bell

I guess I'm in the minority--I kind of like LAL. We never did one until it became a freebie (and I do miss my free character breakfast,) but we did one of my daughter last year. When friends went during the year, they all took pictures with her tile, and when we went last month she went to that tile everytime we went into Epcot. It is cool to think that this will be something that she can take her children to see one day. On another note--I would like to know the location of the NSync tiles before next year--my daughter would probaly like to see those even more than her own. :animwink:

WDWScottieBoy

Miss Bell said:
I guess I'm in the minority--I kind of like LAL. We never did one until it became a freebie (and I do miss my free character breakfast)

My mother and I did ours when it was a freebie. You're not in the minority, at least I don't think so. If so, I'm joining it with you because I personally love LAL. I was so thrilled when they put it there and couldn't wait to get my face on it. It would be really cool if someone famous was by mine. I'll check when I'm there.

Mission: SPACE

I have no qualms against Leave a Legacy. I find it to be a nice touch to the guest experience. Yes, the location might not be the most appropriate, but it was Disney's vision to help enhance the parks for the new millennium (as well as that fantastic wand, but that's another thread).

The monuments themselves are not necessarily permanent. When I did LaL on my birthday two years ago the waiver you sign stated that the pictures would be on display for 20 years from the date of purchase, but the location can change. So, for those of you who dislike the monuments, don't worry too much. If they feel as though it is necessary, the monuments can leave.

Testtrack321

I love Leave a Legacy. I'm sorry, but after looking at pictures, VERY LITTLE FLOWERS, OR ANYTHING was removed! I mean, I think Leave A Legacy is dramatic and very cool a night. Man, is today 'disagree with everyone' day for me?

DisneyFreak1228

Where exactly are the *NSYNC ones? I try looking every time I go, and I have yet to find them.
The last time I went was back in March 2003, and I spent a good hour looking for them, but I instead met Joey from *NSYNC in front of the bathrooms on the right side of SSE and got his autograph on my park map!

WDWScottieBoy

DisneyFreak1228 said:
Where exactly are the *NSYNC ones? I try looking every time I go, and I have yet to find them.
The last time I went was back in March 2003, and I spent a good hour looking for them, but I instead met Joey from *NSYNC in front of the bathrooms on the right side of SSE and got his autograph on my park map!

Why didn't you ask him where it was, or have him personally take you to their tile. That would've been your best bet. I'm sure someone on here knows where they are.

Maybe one of them is

ME!!! :lookaroun

Alright, I just like to think I'm famous, but you wait, one day I will be!

DisneyFreak1228

WDWScottieBoy said:
Why didn't you ask him where it was, or have him personally take you to their tile. That would've been your best bet. I'm sure someone on here knows where they are.

Maybe one of them is

ME!!! :lookaroun

Alright, I just like to think I'm famous, but you wait, one day I will be!

Believe it or not, I totally didn't think of that.
I was too star struck.
It was a huge thing for me, because I absolutely loved *NSYNC.
Like, I was flipping out to my parents, "OMG OMG OMG OMG, THAT'S JOEY!"
So after I shamefully had my teenybopper moment, THEN I went and said hi and asked for an autograph. :lol:
I can't believe I didn't think of that. :brick:

sillyspook13

DisneyFreak1228 said:
Standing at the gate looking to SSE:

Right hand side
Front row of stones
I believe under F
You can tell which ones they are from some distance- they are worn smooth and are shiny compared to the rest of the pictures. (Too many fangirls wanted to "touch" Nsync.....)

cm1988

Moving the mausoleum

Years ago, I'd heard that the stones might move over to Downtown Disney... somewhere near the Marketplace. Then word was, they might be relocated to the right (and back) of Spaceship Earth, but that would be a tight fit with Living Seas there, and all.

Maybe they could build a mini-golf course around them somewhere. :rolleyes:

DarkMeasures

I know my Sister's is right by the N-sync tiles. And mine is on the same monolithe I believe. But I don't really care.

And the secret for the thing to be worth it is a tile for each person. But I like Leave a Legacy.

BwanaBob

Just think....

In a few more years, they may actually take on the meaning to their humurous ill-deserved nick-name!!!

"Here lies SSE. Once the icon and central attraction to Walt's vision of E.P.C.O.T. May she rest in peace."

Heck...you could fill every one of them up with all the attractions Disney has 'killed' over the years! :mad:

(sorry...just got done reading Grizz's thread! :rolleyes: )

OliveMcFly

Original Poster
WDWScottieBoy said:
My mother and I did ours when it was a freebie. You're not in the minority, at least I don't think so. If so, I'm joining it with you because I personally love LAL. I was so thrilled when they put it there and couldn't wait to get my face on it. It would be really cool if someone famous was by mine. I'll check when I'm there.
We did it as a freebie too but, I've been wanting to do it. LAL is a great idea. WDW had those Walk Around the World bricks and they stopped because (what i've heard atleast) the bricks were manufactured poorly and they fade and crack. I once heard that the LAL tiles should last for 100 years. I like having my face sitting in EPCOT everyday.

WDWScottieBoy

DisneyGrl85 said:
I like having my face sitting in EPCOT everyday.

That's exactly what I said. I can't physically be there everyday, bu in my mind and heart, I know I'm there everyday. At least a part of me gets to see Disney everyday. I'm glad I did it and love the idea of LAL, and I don't mind the location either.

kephart1

DisneyGrl85 said:
We did it as a freebie too but, I've been wanting to do it. LAL is a great idea. WDW had those Walk Around the World bricks and they stopped because (what i've heard atleast) the bricks were manufactured poorly and they fade and crack. I once heard that the LAL tiles should last for 100 years. I like having my face sitting in EPCOT everyday.

when did they stop the bricks at MK, we always look at them and have always wanted one, and last week we saw one that said 2003 and were hoping we could get one.

WDWScottieBoy

kephart1 said:
when did they stop the bricks at MK, we always look at them and have always wanted one, and last week we saw one that said 2003 and were hoping we could get one.

I thought it was either 1999 or 2001 that they stopped selling them. I want one of those SOOO bad. If they are still selling them, I WANT ONE!

kephart1

WDWScottieBoy said:
I thought it was either 1999 or 2001 that they stopped selling them. I want one of those SOOO bad. If they are still selling them, I WANT ONE!

i just saw on another web site they stopped selling them in December 2003

WDWScottieBoy

kephart1 said:
i just saw on another web site they stopped selling them in December 2003

If I would've known that, I would've bought one when I was there in Nov. last year. I always told my mother and father that I wanted one. Now I'm going to shoot myself forever for not doing it. At least I was able to do LAL on my last trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom