Celebrity Encounters

scorp111

Last April while at Animal Kingdom my family and I were walking in Dinoland USA and we saw Dylan and Cole Sprouse from Suite Life of Zack and Cody.

They were there for the Disney Channel Games taping at WWOS.

We saw them in the AKL hallway right outside our room. We rode the elevator with Ashely Tisdale. We also saw Corbin Bleu, Brenda Song, Emily Osment, Kyle Massey and a few others at the hotel.

It was kind of funny how we became so alert looking for signs of them :)

We saw them in the AKL hallway right outside our room. We rode the elevator with Ashely Tisdale. We also saw Corbin Bleu, Brenda Song, Emily Osment, Kyle Massey and a few others at the hotel.

LUCKY!!

goofntink

The Rock was in town to help with the media opening of Disaster over at Universal and said he was spending the week in town with his kids.

I think that's funny. Can see it now,.....

News reporter... "Hey Rock ,you just opened the new Disaster ride here at Universal! What are you gonna do next?"
The Rock.... " I"M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!"

HAHAHAHA!:ROFLOL::D

figmentstitch

A few years back, my fiance and I saw Wayne Brady and his entourage eating at Planet Hollywood. This was a few months after his infamous episode on Chappelle's Show, so people were bugging him for pictures and autographs.

maryszhi

ive seen alot but was afraid to go up. but this is funny: back when r and r coster opened, when i saw areosmtih (in the que thing where the bit plays about the conert and such" my friends and i were all like OMG ITS AEROSMITH...everybody looked and laughed at us, then the cm was like mam.....thats a halogram...i was so embarassed, my parents havent let it die. my parents and friends always say omg its aerosmith everybody!!!

I met Christy Romano at the MK in 03
christy.jpg

That had to rock!

Wow!
You are seriously my new hero! :ROFLOL:

Jimmy Thick

This is one of the few times I feel celebs have the right to be jerks. If I notice a celeb, and you see lots of them at Disneyland, I'll stare then walk away and leave them alone. I would assume they would want to enjoy their vacation and not be bothered. I know I would.

PeoplemoverTTA

This is one of the few times I feel celebs have the right to be jerks.

I never approached anyone, and I don't think I would ever, but I still don't think anyone has the right to be a "jerk." If I ever did approach and a celebrity said, "Sorry, I'm on vacation. Thanks for being a fan," and kept walking, I would totally accept that.

Being a "jerk;" however, only makes a celebrity look bad, and I don't think there's ever an excuse, particularly from the examples given. I don't think anyone seemed out of line at all with the encounters mentioned in this thread. I do understand what you're saying, though, I just don't agree that a celebrity should ever be a jerk :)

Jimmy Thick

I never approached anyone, and I don't think I would ever, but I still don't think anyone has the right to be a "jerk." If I ever did approach and a celebrity said, "Sorry, I'm on vacation. Thanks for being a fan," and kept walking, I would totally accept that.

Being a "jerk;" however, only makes a celebrity look bad, and I don't think there's ever an excuse, particularly from the examples given. I don't think anyone seemed out of line at all with the encounters mentioned in this thread. I do understand what you're saying, though, I just don't agree that a celebrity should ever be a jerk :)

Well, lets put it this way.

If I was a celeb, and I was with my family and trying to enjoy my vacation when a fan came out a started slobbering on me, and I said nicely, can you please respect my privacy, and said fan acted immature, then yes, they would have every right to be a jerk.

I should have clarified my statement a little better, but I just don't see the point of bothering someone, celeb or not, while on vacation.

About 6 years ago, my mother, sister and I were shopping in the World of Disney. To beat the crowds we got there when it opened, and were looking at clothes in the main room. There was practically no one else around when my mom spotted Joey Fatone purchasing something. I told her not to bother him, but she walked over and asked if he was Joey from NSYNC. He said yes and began talking to us for such a long time! He was so nice. He noticed our New York City accents and spoke about his family and how he lived in Florida now close to Disney. He even asked if we'd like a picture with him and posed for a shot.

The elderly cashier cast member was watching us the whole time, looking confused. She fed out some receipt paper which he signed for both of us. After Joey left the cashier said, "I got his autograph but I have no idea who he is!" :ROFLOL:

Even though when I was younger I always preferred the Backstreet Boys over NSYNC (no, I didn't tell him that I was too shy), Joey was really friendly and super nice. :)

hrcollectibles

My wife and I went to MK yesterday evening to meet friends of hers down for vacation, and we ran into Dwayne Johnson a.k.a The Rock with his wife and kids.Guess he was on vacation too.
He was in town to Be at the Grand opening of the Disaster Ride at Universal which He makes a cameo in

We were at ESPN the weekend in '06 so we saw a ton of people then. But in December of '06 we were walking around the Poly and saw Scotty Bowman. We're from Detroit, so that is a big deal for us. For those who don't know, he was the beloved coach of the Red Wings during their 3 Stanley Cups and has a long and successful hockey background.
It took everything I had to not go up to him...since he was alone and just walking around.

elcodfish

In August of 1999 my friend Tim was in the bathroom and I was waiting for him when Kevin Bacon walked by with his wife Kyra Sedgwick and their kids. I was pretty excited when my friend Tim, a movie junkie, runs over to me and yells, "GUESS WHO I JUST PEED WITH? KEVIN BACON!!!"

Erica

DDEPILLO

I walked past Dee Snider at MGM back on October. I Threw up the horns :fork: and just went on walking. That was really cool

sarajo

We saw Harrison Ford and Calista Flockhart (and her son, I believe) at MK on our most recent trip, on Dec. 26, I think it was. They were entering from the backstage area near Buzz Lightyear with their DSA guide. I was in awe because I grew up having a crush on Han Solo, and later Indiana Jones!

And, Calista didn't look unhealthily skinny- she looks petite and normal, but not all bony like the tabloid media would have you believe. They just looked like a typical family- no apparent entourage- just a happy family spending Christmas at the World!

After I stumbled out of the Rose and Crown after a few too many one warm summer evening, I thought I saw a Dragon, a Dragon....I thought I saw a Dragon

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom