Celebrity and Athlete Sightings

philsfan2185

Original Poster
Has anyone ever spotted a celebrity or athlete in Disney World? In March 2003 in Disney Studios I saw Philadelphia Eagles free safety Brian Dawkins and former Eagles short safety Blane Bishop vacationing together with their families. They were watching the Motorcars Parade. From living right out side of Philly and seeing these guys was pretty cool. I went up to Dawkins and shook his hand and told him that our senior class is down here and they we are located right outside of Philly....I didnt want to bother the guy. Also in the same day same park I saw former Nirvana drummer and current Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl....He was over by ToT...and my friend spotted him.....my friend was like"hey isn't that dave grohl?" i didnt aswer my friend and i was like "yo dave!" he said he fellas whats goin on?"...we talked about a minute. Those are my only encounters and they happened on the same day in the same park.

testtracker

I saw Juwan Howard who used to play for the washington wizards, now i think he plays for the.......................uh grizzlies??? I think. ;)

civileng68

Account Suspended
yo

Originally posted by 1080skier
My Brother saw No Doubt in Disneyland, and I guess he saw Jesse Jackson at the Grand Floridean and said hi

I ask this question as a completely non racist person and anti-racism supporter, but, did Jesse cause a riot when he was there? I mean, I just can't imagine he actually went somewhere and didn't use revers racism by telling everyone how horrible white people are.

thespottedzebra

We saw Mandy Moore a couple years ago during the Holiday Season at the GF. Also Michael J Fox at the Studios a few years back, but that's about it. :animwink:

MouseMadness

We saw Phil Mickelson (golfer) eating in the GF one year. :) (Well, we saw lots of golfers while we were out watching the tournament, but he's the only one we saw OFF the course)

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Amen Brother!!!! My same feelings about the racism issue, but as a non-racist from Birmingham Alabama......................... I grow tired of hearing the activities of that man, especially when all of his "actions" are selfish acts to only benefit himself in some way. I will end there and not get on the soap box. thank you.

xfkirsten

Lots of celebs! I've seen:

Mary Lou Retton - Toontown Hall of Fame
Stephen King
Dan Marino (at the exact same time and place as Stephen King. In line at Studios for a Turkey Leg... one was in line on my left, the other was in line on my right!)
Gary Schandling - in Adventureland - he was really cool!
Kurt Warner - outside Pirates of the Caribbean
Method Man - by the Liberty Square bridge

Plus all the celebs at 02's Christmas Parade taping... Regis and Kelly, Hilary Duff, Jump 5, Wayne Brady (he was SO nice), Heather Headley, and a bunch of others that I can't remember.

Oh, and I got stuck behind Will Smith's family's police motorcade last year going into MK.

-Kirsten

Jonathan

I saw Michael Jackson there in 1985 at what is now called Downtown Disney. I know you won't believe me when I say this, but he was there shopping with a VERY large bodyguard and a very young boy.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I saw one of the kids from Home Improvement, and some people from Star Wars but that was both in two different parades at MGM. I have never seen one just walking around. I saw Mickey too just walking around, he walked right in front of me. That made me more excited than seeing any human celeb.

MagicalMonorail

We've never seen any celebrities at the world except mickey and the gang. But a my aunt said a few years ago when they went they had a park closed just for celebrities. They said they had to change their agenda just because the park was closed to "normal visitors" I think the celebrities included Madonna and Michael J Fox. I'm not sure if this is true because I didn't think Disney did that. Just wanted to post that.

VILLAINSRULE

I saw Lisa Welchel (not sure of spelling--she played Blair on The Facts of Life at The American Adventure with her kids. I didnt bother her, but I did make my kids pretend to pose for pics but actually took a pic of her....just to prove to everyone I actually saw her!
Another time I saw Levar Burton at the Contemporary. He sat in the lobby with me for about 15 minutes. I was too tired to do the whole star adulation thing, so I talked to him a little. He knew I knew who he was though. But a very nice man.
Oh, and my favorite stars to see when I go there are always Chip and Dale.....:sohappy:

Budahman

I've seen a few......

I cant remember the dates, but My wife and I have seen Destiny's Child outside of Dinosaur in AK. They were all doing a photo shoot for something. WE snapped a few photos of them also. That was cool. I also saw Chris Mullin (former NBA player). I was wearing a CBA (minor league basketball league) jersey and he looked at me like I was wierd or a loser. I mean he did play in the best basketball league in the world, the NBA. He actually seemd to be cool. We didnt talk, but he did seem like he was all alone. I also saw Kelly Osbourne, at Epcot. I have her on tape with my camcorder. Her and a girlfriend friend was walking right infront of my wife and I. We saw Adam Curry (former MTV VJ). I saw and got Thurman Thomas (former Buffalo Bills NFL player) signature at the ESPN Club as well. Hm.....I cant remember any more right now. This is a cool topic though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom