celebrities at WDW

KathyG/poohbear

I want to do a silly...nonsense thread....I just finished reading in a soap opera magazine about an actor from one of my favorite soaps taking his kids to stay in the AKL.

Don't scold me..I know if we see a "star" we should let them have their private time...but I was thinking...Has anyone ever saw a celebrity at WDW? Just wondering.

Mitzer

We have seen several stars at Disney. Some just walking around and others were filming there. We have seen, Princess Di and her boys many years ago on Splash Mountain, Ed McMahon doing a shoot for some television show, and Regis and Joy Philbin at the GF. Most of these have been a long time ago, but haven't seen any in a while...maybe we're due.

Upvote 0

Lee

Adventurer
The week before Christmas I sat right behind Paige Davis from Trading Spaces at the Indy Spectacular. She was very nice and talked with everyone around her.

Upvote 0

wed050499

Hey all,

During my time working there this last year, as I was shadowing a manager at the Disney-MGM Studios, I was given the opportunity to introduce this manager to Martina McBride as he had no idea who she was. She was attending the Beauty and the Beast show there one afternoon. Also, during a seperate shadowing occasion with the same manager Cynthia Harris sat in on our Fantasmic! show and I was able to meet her. She is incredibly nice and just from the little bit I talked with her, I got a real sense that she knew what being Disney was all about. During spring training, we constantly had players from the Braves and Yankees coming through the BoardWalk and dining at the ESPN Club so I saw quite a few there.

There you have it,
Brian

Upvote 0

TURKEY

I've seen dozens of celebrities at WDW. You can see my views and others celebrity sightings in other threads. A search will yield good results.

Upvote 0

CraigSam

I saw Hulk Hogan there, twice.

The first time was at the Magic Kingdom waiting for the parade. A bunch of cast members were (I think) getting ice for him or one of the members of his group. They are all blonde and they stood out with numerous cast members around them. I was surprised because I wound up standing next to him. I can tell you that he really is very tall and muscular.

Later in the same day, I saw him again at EPCOT at Test Track after getting off the ride. Twice in one day at two different parks and different times....weird.

Upvote 0

wed050499

Oh, one i forgot and it's kind of silly that i did, but Michael Eisner loves the BoardWalk and was there one time while i was there. He came in through the cast member entrance in the back though so we didn't get to see him, just were made aware about 5 minutes after he showed up. He didn't stay long, just ate at the flying fish (his favorite restuarant) and took off. That's pretty much it for that.

Brian

Upvote 0

homer424

They were taping Win Lose or Draw for a week in when my mom and I went down in 1988 I believe it was. The begining of our trip was the last day they were there. We saw Sally Struthers, MArk Price (skippy from Family ties) and 2 other celebrities that made such an impression on me I don't remember their names! LOL We saw them in capacity of the show though-not walking around or anything.

My mom went with her friends in the 90's and bumped into (literally) Tony Danza. She was getting off Peter Pan and he walked right into her. He apologized and my mom told him to watch where he was going-LOL

Donna

Upvote 0

TomDisney

Several months ago, saw Drew Carey hanging out in the Adventurer's Club at Pleasure Island. He was talking to people and being very friendly to the crowd. Was just hanging in the background so as not to take away from the "show" going on in the club.

And I know it's not Disney, but just before Christmas, ran into Kim Catrell (sp?) over at Islands of Adventure walking around with family and friends. Was more than willing to talk and sign an autograph or two. Didn't want to do pictures on family time which the people who did recogonize her were fine with.

Upvote 0

Nut4Disney

Originally posted by homer424
They were taping Win Lose or Draw for a week in when my mom and I went down in 1988 I believe it was. The begining of our trip was the last day they were there. We saw Sally Struthers, MArk Price (skippy from Family ties) and 2 other celebrities that made such an impression on me I don't remember their names! LOL We saw them in capacity of the show though-not walking around or anything.

My mom went with her friends in the 90's and bumped into (literally) Tony Danza. She was getting off Peter Pan and he walked right into her. He apologized and my mom told him to watch where he was going-LOL

Donna

That's funny, I just watched that episode on the game show network a couple of weeks ago. I think they said it was from 1987.:lol:

Upvote 0

Imagineer Jer

Originally posted by KathyG/poohbear
I want to do a silly...nonsense thread....I just finished reading in a soap opera magazine about an actor from one of my favorite soaps taking his kids to stay in the AKL.

Don't scold me..I know if we see a "star" we should let them have their private time...but I was thinking...Has anyone ever saw a celebrity at WDW? Just wondering.

Hey!
yah, ,like 2 years ago I saw Brandy there. It was pretty cool actually.

Upvote 0

wed050499

Originally posted by TomDisney
Several months ago, saw Drew Carey hanging out in the Adventurer's Club at Pleasure Island. He was talking to people and being very friendly to the crowd. Was just hanging in the background so as not to take away from the "show" going on in the club.

And I know it's not Disney, but just before Christmas, ran into Kim Catrell (sp?) over at Islands of Adventure walking around with family and friends. Was more than willing to talk and sign an autograph or two. Didn't want to do pictures on family time which the people who did recogonize her were fine with.

the longer this thread goes, the more people I think of. I was there for the opening of "Get Happy with ABC" this past summer on the exclusive cast member only tickets to see the stars and such open the attraction. I also saw Drew Carey, Bonnie Hunt, John Ritter, and the some others from the ABC line up that started this past fall. I have some pictures I'll have to scan and post when i get back to school this next week. Note to self.

Thanks,
Brian

Upvote 0
We were staying at Grand Floridian the first two weeks of this past December. We ran into Kelly Rippa and her husband and kids several times. They were coming and going on about the same schedule as us, so we kept seeing them at the valet parking. They were taping the Christmas parade, and I believe she was the host or grand marshal or something.

Upvote 0

orangefan15

Originally posted by doombuggy1983
We were staying at Grand Floridian the first two weeks of this past December. We ran into Kelly Rippa and her husband and kids several times. They were coming and going on about the same schedule as us, so we kept seeing them at the valet parking. They were taping the Christmas parade, and I believe she was the host or grand marshal or something.

Yeah, we saw her there too....I actually snapped a picture of her at MK getting ready for the taping.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom