Celebrations?

wdwmaniac

Original Poster
Since the 100th is coming up I was wonder what other celebrations has the WDW had there. I know the 100th (01-02), the 2000 (1999-2000), and the 25th (1996-1997).

mightyduck

Originally posted by wdwmaniac
Since the 100th is coming up I was wonder what other celebrations has the WDW had there. I know the 100th (01-02), the 2000 (1999-2000), and the 25th (1996-1997).

I know they celebrated 15 years of Magic Kingdom, because we have a photo of my with the 15 years stuff...

And I seem to remember having a 20 years sweatshirt, but I don't recall how large the celebration was...

sillyspook13

I remember a funny thing that happened not long before the 25th anniversary celebration started. My family was eating lunch at Wilderness Lodge, and I decided to play a trivia game. Naturally I went for the hard questions. My first question was: What color is Cinderella's castle? (meaning the pepto bismol pink color) The only problem was that the "cake" was not completed yet. It was only half pink!!! Since we had just left Magic Kingdom, we explained this to the woman, and I was given a different question.:rolleyes:

markymark

Yeah I still have quite a bit of stuff from the 20th and 25th celebrations.

Isn't this year the 20th anniversary of EPCOT too?

mightyduck

Originally posted by markymark

Next year...I say, we have a party to celebrate... ;)

:rolleyes:

WDW-Imagineer

Yeah... October 1, 2002. Although since the 100th will still be going on, I doubt it will be turned into a celebration. The best we can hope for is a month-long celebration.

mightyduck

Hope so! It's another excuse to go again!!

Like we need another....but I'll take it! :)

I think there's a lot they could do with a 20th anniversary special at Epcot...

wdwmaniac

Original Poster
Didn't one of the parks have a celebration of turning I think around 10-15 years old? I think it was EPCOT becasue I rememeber some nuber on the sphere after the Fire works.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom